Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #21

regrets

02 triple black.............service history not present, no ppi since I bought from brumos inJax. Big mistake . Would have negotiated the price because of forseen repairs. Oh and not finding this site priopr to purchase, however would I have bought the car? Now that the car is perfect NO REGRETS.

nicecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #22

If I had it all to do over again, I would have saved my money and purchased an 03 or younger S model and I would have bought a red one. I'll never own another black car.

And if I had it all to do over again if I had waited to have enough for an 03 S, I would have saved up even more and purchased a pre-owned garage queen 911 Turbo, which is what I've wanted my entire life.

And there you have it. Never satisfied no matter what car I'm driving. So I keep driving my 97 boxster and fixing crap when it breaks down.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #23

Garage
I would have got one sooner, but waiting and having my brother do all the mods then buying it off of him was a good choice,
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #24
2005, Tiptronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Zero, perfect car, year, color, timing, location, minimal options.
Same for me. No regrets at all, would do it again. (not sure what Location refers to though).
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #25
2005, Tiptronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
If I had it all to do over again... I would have bought a red one. I'll never own another black car.
As a fellow Houstonian, I more than understand the "I'll never own another black car" sentiment. My last two cars were black. The heat was brutal. I always keep cars ten years minimum. When it finally came time to buy a new car, I stayed with my desire to move to white instead of black. Very glad I did.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
Top always down...

I am a proud new owner of a low mile 2002 Lapis Blue S and am thrilled to find so many people saying"no regrets."
yale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #27

Spyder!

/
Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #28

Garage
Wish I knew more problem areas of the car. Could of knocked down an easy $300 from the sales had I know about more issues. However I was very eager to buy the car, and all is well.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #29

I would have waited to find a car with PSM or waited to afford an 05

I found a perfect yellow 2002 S with everything checked out and IMS preventatively fixed, new clutch, and much more for $17,000 and 51k on it. I'm happy as a pig in you know what but always wonder about PSM. Since I put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus for the winter months on it I really can't push the rear end out at all unless I am driving way irresponsibly.

Seems to me that it isn't sane outside a track to push a car to make it wiggle under normal speeds.

When I had summer tires the car would wiggle a little in the wet, but now it is on rails? So why do I need PSM? Because it exists and I don't have it.

By the way There's an 02 S with 38kmiles in Texas and it has PSM. Could be had for $17,500 or even less . (on Autotrader). No relationship to owner.
Stephan Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #30

I would have considered a 993....
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Silverman View Post
I found a perfect yellow 2002 S with everything checked out and IMS preventatively fixed, new clutch, and much more for $17,000 and 51k on it. I'm happy as a pig in you know what but always wonder about PSM. Since I put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus for the winter months on it I really can't push the rear end out at all unless I am driving way irresponsibly.

Seems to me that it isn't sane outside a track to push a car to make it wiggle under normal speeds.

When I had summer tires the car would wiggle a little in the wet, but now it is on rails? So why do I need PSM? Because it exists and I don't have it.

By the way There's an 02 S with 38kmiles in Texas and it has PSM. Could be had for $17,500 or even less . (on Autotrader). No relationship to owner.
For me, one of the selling points of the 2002 S that I bought is that it did not have PSM. Different strokes...
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #32

Would have liked a clean silver S with a red interior.
I was washing my black on a 75 degree day last week, and thing still got too hot to touch in the sun.

Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote