Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal
Replacing Bose stereo with Din 2 question

I bought the Pioneer Appradio 2, and the installer said I need a $650.00 adapter for my Bose radio since it has a fiber optic connection. Is this right???? Damn.

I tried a search but apparently its not been addressed or my search skills sucketh.

Any other way around this?

2005 S

pesticidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #2

Garage
If you have the 2005 Bose it's definitely fiber wiring (well partially fiber)
Porsche AMP main page
The problem with all this is that the factory stereo is coded through the PIWIS system, so i'm not sure if anything
has to be recoded if you take it out and replace it. This is where the old stuff is so much easier to work with.
Sorry I cant be of more help...

Last edited by Heiko; 10-12-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal
Crap. Not gonna spend that kind of coin for a Pioneer system. Looks like I'll revert back to the crappy factory Bose.
pesticidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesticidal View Post
Crap. Not gonna spend that kind of coin for a Pioneer system. Looks like I'll revert back to the crappy factory Bose.
Take heart my good man! I did all that AND replaced subs, dash speakers, amp, mounting bracket and 2 DIN (JVC KW3NTHD) including NAV, Digital Satellite (comes w/ it…nothing more to buy), memory stick slot, USB slot, DVD/CD player too (never use it - the stick is where it's at-9 days worth of music, and a movie too-16GB), also Rear Backup Camera-a must have IMHO, and then TWO 230watt 3-way speakers on the rear deck. ALL OF IT for less than $600 AND you can sell your factory setup for almost enough to pay for your NEW SYSTEM! I got $550 for my OLD system. It DID take my time researching, figuring it out, but happy to pass it along. PM me for details.

Die hard Pcar fans HAVE to HAVE a factory system and they paid me well on ebay for it. We all know the factory system belongs on a Yugo, not a $60k sports car.

Ahh YES AND when you are driving with your baby…a little music DOES HELP GET 'ER in the mood. So IT PAYS to have decent tunes! My $.02