Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Track rat

Garage
PCA San Diego Performance Driving School Oct. 19-21

This is arguably one of the best performance driving schools in the country and it happens twice a year in San Diego. It is 2.5 days of classroom chalk talks, skidpad exercises, accident avoidance drills, and AX lapping at Qualcom Stadium. Students are guided in a one on one basis with some of the top California Porsche drivers riding along in their right seat, showing them the ropes.

You could pay $2000 at Barber or Bondurant and not get as much driving dynamics training as you will with PCA-SDR. This school is a steal at $350 and because of the unique individualized focus, it is equally suited to the first time Porsche driver just getting to know their car, or the seasoned track or AX driver looking to hone their skills for next season. I took this course 5 years ago and it transformed my driving skills. I highly recommend it. Sign up soon to guarantee a spot. Priority given to PCA members.

MotorsportReg.com : PCA - San Diego announces Performance Driving School (Fri 19 - Sun 21 Oct, 2012) info at Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA 92108 (9128)

Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #2

I'm signed up for it. I'm completely new to all this stuff as I got my 2001 Boxster S in May

Prepping for the event is no big deal, just make sure you have sufficient rubber and brake pads left, flush the brake fluid if its been more than 3 years old and make sure your oil and coolant levels are good.

My Boxster just needs the Brakes flushed and I'm ready to go.

I inquired about special insurance and although you could its highly unlikely to get your car damaged since safety is a big deal at all tiimes at these events.

Looking forward to it.

Just an FYI, I read that when you sign up your card does NOT get charged until the event folks confirmed you were there, so if there is a last minute problem or change of plans you are not committed to the full amount. (Not sure about last minute cancellation charges a few days before the event)

Here is who is going already so come on out and learn/improve how to handle your Porsche:
MotorsportReg.com : PCA - San Diego announces Performance Driving School (Fri 19 - Sun 21 Oct, 2012) attendees at Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA 92108 (9128) > Attendees

Registration is limited to 52 people and its almost half booked now already.

I found this sample video of last years event:
http://youtu.be/uFa9CGyBU6U
Porsche Performance Driving School- #5 - YouTube

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 09-12-2012 at 06:27 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote