Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1

Had a CEL today..

Drove with my girlfriend to the zoo, and on the way back, I had a check engine light. Car was running well with the exception of a high idle at approx 1200 RPM. Got home, took out my handy dandy scan tool, scanned it and got a P0507 idle speed high. I cleared the code, started the car, idle was at 800 RPM again and the light has continued to stay off.

What can cause this? I'm new to Boxsters or modern cars that can provide DTC's. This particular boxster is a 2002 S. Does the car have an idle stabilizer valve that could be giving up the ghost? I'm not planning on worrying until it comes back, but what controls the idle speed on a boxster?

thanks!

Mighty Shilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7

Garage
Here are some possibilities..
p0507 - 6speedonline.com Forums - Threads Tagged with p0507

Google is your friend..
I like looking up these code and reading what others have discovered.
From what I read, it can be caused by several things, dirty throttle body. loose vacuum line, to the secondary charging system not putting enough output when the cooling fans would kick on.

Hope that helps.
While I'm not an expert at this stuff, I do enjoy looking up problems and reading what the fixes were..
T