Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 01:17 PM   #1

60k service price quote

Dear Porsche owners
Local dealer here in Omaha quoted the 60k service without oil change around 450-550 USD. Do you think it is reasonable to have this with a nice stamp in my maintenance notebook. Because I am new owner I want to do this as soon as possible having it all serviced, even it doesn't reach 60k, but rather around 52k.
Alexander Porschev.

Porschev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 02:37 PM   #2

Sounds about right. $100 an hour and 5 hrs for the 60k service. Presumably this includes the plug change and replacing the air and cabin filters.
But why are you doing it so early? A thousand miles or so early I can see, but 8 thousand???
Or are there no records of previous maintenance?
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #3

Dear Ronzi,
Thank you for your message.
This car was serviced by previous owner at 14.5 and 31k. However there were no records of 45k minor maintenance. I probably wrongly believe that servicing my car and simultaneously make a new routine check up for possible new problems (certified by Porsche another 100$) will somehow decrease my chances have a bigger issues in future. Of course if i will solve the problems which they will find.
My car runs perfect, I change oil (every 2-3 months) and do all maintenance in very routine manner. Trying to be a nice owner or really have some mental issues, remembering the tons of boxsters who could do even 30k service.
So your, as well as other dearest owners suggestions are more than welcome
Thank you once more
Alexander Porschev
Old 09-13-2005, 05:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschev
My car runs perfect, I change oil (every 2-3 months)...
Whoa! Seems like a lot of oil changin'!
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #5

Alexander.

Re: Oil changes

Every 7500 miles is fine and sufficient, assuming you are using a quality synthetic.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:50 PM   #6

$550 for 60k service(parts and labor) is a great price...I recently got a quote from McKenna Porsche in Norwalk, Ca for all the 60k service: $600 for all the Parts including Oil and Fluids, $1350 for Parts and Labor total. I ended up paying a $675 for my 60k service and parts(including replacing 6- Spark Plug Tubes, 12- Tube O-Rings) courtesy of my Porsche Master Tech friend
spine911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschev
Dear Porsche owners
Local dealer here in Omaha quoted the 60k service without oil change around 450-550 USD. Do you think it is reasonable to have this with a nice stamp in my maintenance notebook. Because I am new owner I want to do this as soon as possible having it all serviced, even it doesn't reach 60k, but rather around 52k.
Alexander Porschev.
just curious, is your last name really Porschev?
yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #8

No, sir
its just my nickname. I took my favorite dream car's name and add -ev, so that it would be Russian surname. So that it will have some cultural background. But my name is real )).
My deep excuses for misunderstanding.
Alexander