Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #1

hay a nother FNG with a trunk poblem

Well I got my 02 2 days ago, and I need to do a lot of work on it. The first thing is the trunks, yes both of them. I did see that the cable on the rear is broken. I did order a new one from the stealer and we very surprised that it would be 32.00 for it. Now I need to know how to install it. And then found that the front. The cable will not pull all the way on the release. What do you all think.

davetheviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #2

If you haven't got one of these yet, it is worth every penny.
http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Boxster-Service-Manual-1997-2004/dp/083761645X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342675248&sr=8-1&keywords=boxster+repair+manual
I know it is too late for you now, but I would have just gone to the sporting goods store and got some stainless steel fishing leader and some crimp thimbles for a whole lot less. You could have made 10 of them for less than half of what you spent and could have saved the trip to Bellevue. Anything from the stealer is going to co$t.
See you around on the roads of the Pacific Northwest.

3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote