Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #1

Campionishop/Forgestar - The Worst Vendor Ever

Be Ware of this vendor Campionishop - I believe the main contact is Mat and they're from Canada. I had been looking for some light 18 in wheels for quite a while. After considering OZ and other wheels, I decided to go with Forgestar F14. On March 13, I ordered the wheels (titanium finish) through Campionishop and Matt told me it would take 4-6 wheels for the wheels to arriave. I waited and waited patiently, and approximately 8 weeks later on May 9th the wheels arrived! When the wheels arrived, I noticed that the titanium finish was darker than I anticipated (titanium is really just a Grey color) but I was so excited that I did not care. I wanted to put the wheels on asap... Low and behold, they include the longer lug nuts that I had ordered. For some reason, the oem lugs don't fit with these. I emailed/called Mat from Campionishop immediately and told him about the issue. He apologized and assured me that Forgestar had sent the lugnut the next day, May 10, through UPS expedited. Today is May 21 (11 days later) and I still don't have the lug nuts. I left voicemails messages and sent emails to both Campionishop and Forgestar, and at this point, they seem to both be ignoring me!

I've since ordered and mounted tires for the rims. So, the rims sit in my garage as I await (without any word) from both vendors! I called other places locally and learned that they have those longer lug nuts for $260 for a set of 20. Now, I most likely would have to purchase those even though I had paid a total of approx 1800 bucks for the wheels & lug nuts! And I'm so pissed that I don't even want those wheels anymore! Stay Away from these vendors!

19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
CVstarBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that, so did Forgestar send you the lugs (from US presumably)? If so did they provide tracking #? If they are coming from Canada, it does take longer to send to south of the border.

Titanium finish is just a dark grey color obviously... it used to be called gun metal.

Last edited by ekam; 05-21-2012 at 01:44 PM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #3

Garage
Bad news aside, as we discussed through private messaging, it sounds like these wheels are not Porsche specific (i.e. hub centric) . In other words, they require the use of centering rings in order for them to properly interface with the center bore specification of your vehicle . Moreover, Forgestar probably uses an altogether different style lug bolt. However, unless these wheels require the use of spacers, the length of said lug bolts shouldn't be any different than that of the oem lugs (28mm's) . Makes no sense ? Anyway, sorry to hear about your situation. Best of luck sorting it out .

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 05-21-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #4

I believe they're coming from US - Forgestar is a company from California. I actually asked the Campionishop guy for the tracking number and he said forgestar did not give him one. What pisses me off the most is the total lack of customer service. I've sent forgestar a message on facebook and on their site and I left a voicemail today. It's as if I don't exist and this is not happening! I paid for the products and I should be receiving them within reasonable time. I wish there was a regulator or someone I could complain to. And of course, the amount involved is too little to even consider "legal" action.
19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Bad news aside, as we discussed through private messaging, it sounds like these wheels are not Porsche specific (i.e. hub centric) . In other words, they require the use of centering rings in order for them to properly interface with the center bore specification of your vehicle . Moreover, Forgestar probably uses an altogether different style lug bolt. However, unless these wheels require the use of spacers, the length of said lug bolts shouldn't be any different than of the oem lugs (28mm's) . Makes no sense ? Anyway, sorry to hear about your situation. Best of luck sorting it out .
JD, you know my experience with these things are very limited. I did, however, take the wheels to my Indy guy and he tried the OEM lugnuts. They fit but were a few milimiters short (that's compared to how the lugnuts fit on my regular wheels). He called a local parts vendor and they suggested the GT3 lug nuts which are 12 a piece. And I actually called the same vendor today ant they said they could order the "longer boxster" lugnuts as well - which I did not know existed.

I told them I'd call tomorrow to order - i'm hoping the forgestars lugnuts will show up miraculously any day now but I'm losing faith
19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #6

What they're talking about are the GT3 lugs which are designed to be used with 5mm spacers. They're $8.43 each at Suncoast and I'm sure they can send these to you the next day.

Porsche Bolt / Lug Nut:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn

[IMG]http://www.****************************************************.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/revised%20porsche%20lug%20bolty.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by ekam; 05-21-2012 at 01:46 PM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #7

^ so where does the extra $100 of the $260 come from? I'm assuming Suncoast makes a profit on theirs..
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
^ so where does the extra $100 of the $260 come from? I'm assuming Suncoast makes a profit on theirs..
Not sure, but the local parts shop said it's 12 bucks each... so obviously suncoast has a better price...
19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
Old 05-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Carnut

Be careful with the bolts! Are the wheels ball seat like Porsche wheels or konical like e.g. BBS? Check carefully!

Sorry to hear!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVstarBoxster View Post
JD, you know my experience with these things are very limited. I did, however, take the wheels to my Indy guy and he tried the OEM lugnuts. They fit but were a few milimiters short (that's compared to how the lugnuts fit on my regular wheels). He called a local parts vendor and they suggested the GT3 lug nuts which are 12 a piece. And I actually called the same vendor today ant they said they could order the "longer boxster" lugnuts as well - which I did not know existed.

I told them I'd call tomorrow to order - i'm hoping the forgestars lugnuts will show up miraculously any day now but I'm losing faith
When the lugs show up, I won't be surprised to hear that they're actually a conical style bolt with a 17mm head . Too bad we can't confirm this now, I've got a box of them in different lengths you can have .
Old 05-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyA6 View Post
Be careful with the bolts! Are the wheels ball seat like Porsche wheels or konical like e.g. BBS? Check carefully!

Sorry to hear!
+1 on that !!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
+1 on that !!

Here are the wheels. BTW, finally got a reply from campionship offering to refund 80 bucks or resend the lugs. Of course, I opted for the lugs - which I'm now to receive by end of the week. Thanks for everyone's help.
Attached Images

19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
Old 05-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Here are the wheels. BTW, finally got a reply from campionship offering to refund 80 bucks or resend the lugs. Of course, I opted for the lugs - which I'm now to receive by end of the week. Thanks for everyone's help.
Tell us what style of lugs arrive . I'm curious to know ?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #14

Forgestar F14 18" wheels require conical lug bolts, not the ball seat oem style. 28 mm will work fine. The 19" take ball seat.

Last edited by copsahl; 05-21-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Clarification
copsahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by copsahl View Post
Forgestar F14 18" wheels require conical lug bolts, not the ball seat oem style. 28 mm will work fine. The 19" take ball seat.
I thought so .
Old 05-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #16

The lugnuts finally arrived today! Here's a picture as well as a picture with the new wheels (wasted no more time to get them on!) Thanks everyone for your help.

19" MHT Rims
Evo Intake, De-Snorkeled
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #17

Looks great! Can you post more pictures?

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #18

Garage
Quote:
The lugnuts finally arrived today! Here's a picture as well as a picture with the new wheels (wasted no more time to get them on!) Thanks everyone for your help.

Conical style lug bolts with 17 mm heads . I told you so !
Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #19

You might want to change the title. I would hardly call them the worst vendor ever. Not even close. LOL

Wheels look great!
brian325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #20

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian325is View Post
You might want to change the title. I would hardly call them the worst vendor ever. Not even close. LOL
X2 Hyperbole is not a good thing, obviously Canadian drop shippers leave a bit to be desired in the customer service category but there is no intent to defraud or rip off going on here just slow service.