Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #1

Best place to get clear headlights, turnsignals, and taillights? also HID question

My 02 boxster came with the amber headlights, amber bumper lights, and red/amber taillights. The headlights are in rough shape and so are the bumper lights. Id like to change them all to the "clear" stuff with no amber. Where should I be looking for all these parts for a good price?

Secondly, my car came with the halogen lights, and Id like to put an aftermarket "HID kit" in it. Is there anything special I should know about when installing a kit, or is your normal everyday "plug and play" kit sufficient? Im also considering having a set of projectors retrofitted into the headlights as well for this. Any thoughts or opinions?

Tim1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #2

Searches on this forum have answered many of your questions...gl
islandboxster75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #3

Where?

I'm particularly cheap, so I did a lot of looking and bought my side marker lenses, headlights, and tail lights from three different sources. It took me two years to complete the project, but I saved a lot of money. Headlights and tail lights came from members of this forum. The side markers came from Pelican. I bought silver bulbs on Ebay.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #4

headlights, silver bulbs - ebay
tail light lenses - this forum
marker lights - Pelican

I've seen some places that sell the whole package as a set for around $1200, but when I was looking they were either for right hand drive cars or they didn't ship to Canada, or they would ship to Canada but only by UPS or Fedex. It just never worked out.

Took me about six months to find the stuff I wanted at the price I was able to pay.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #5

I have a 1999 911, the outer cover of the headlights are broken, is there a way to buy that part or do you have to buy the headlight assembly? Thanks - Chris
poarchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #6
SoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by poarchman View Post
I have a 1999 911, the outer cover of the headlights are broken, is there a way to buy that part or do you have to buy the headlight assembly? Thanks - Chris
The large clear covering to the headlight? I that's cracked, you'll have to buy new head lamps..

CHeck out the DIY section for a thread about removing the amber parts of the headlamps. in that thread, there's a guy selling LED headlamps that you may like. If not, I'm thinking about buying them and will have mine for sale after I receive them.

Where in KY are you? I'm in NKY
Old 06-28-2012, 02:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
headlights, silver bulbs - ebay
tail light lens - this forum
marker lights - Pelican

I've seen some places that sell the whole package as a set for around $1200, but when I was looking they were either for right hand drive cars or they didn't ship to Canada, or they would ship to Canada but only by UPS or Fedex. It just never worked out.

Took me about six months to find the stuff I wanted at the price I was able to pay.
Well that answers your question. And I'm pretty sure that you won't need to go far away to get those stuff, I'm sure the vendors here on this forums has them.

Last edited by kotto; 06-30-2012 at 09:25 PM.
kotto is offline   Reply With Quote