986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Women Owners in Seattle (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3463)

SD987 05-12-2006 11:09 AM

Hmm..as I recollect from PPBB, Leslie is an asian female.

I'm sure she'll be firing a broadside my way, momentarily. :matchup:

Brucelee 05-12-2006 01:35 PM

"and hopefully learn something."

There you go!

Good idea.

:)

Rail26 05-12-2006 02:28 PM

Topless?

Ok, the question that has not been asked and I know everybody is wondering...do you ladies drive around topless? Yet again, I crack myself up.

Bmussatti was too scared to ask.

JP-s-in st. louis 05-12-2006 02:29 PM

As I always say my fiancé’ Carrie is one of the smartest individuals I have ever met. Considering I do business every day with many older gentlemen that are twice my age, I believe she could lead any one of their business better then they do. (She has made one bad decision and that was me ;) )

HOWEVER she is by far the very worst driver I have ever met. She lacks the ability to make a quick decision while driving, and has to look over her shoulder each time to change lanes. Last but not least, I have found that people who drive with their hands at ten and two are concentrating WAY to much.

BTW she is in for a drive when the car returns! Stay off the sidewalks :p

Rail26 05-12-2006 02:36 PM

Well said SD987. When I lived in South Korea for a year...I too was FOB (Fresh off the Boat). I was unsafe on the roads because I followed the rules which, apparently, is not expected. I was rear ended in my Hyundai beater because I stopped at a red light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD987
What would contribute to this alleged subpar driving ability for asian women?

A good number of asians are relatively FOB ("Fresh Off the Boat") so there is an unfamiliarity with American drivers, regulations, locations etc. If you transplanted America's drivers to another country, they would probably be viewed as "bad drivers" there too.

Rail26 05-12-2006 02:57 PM

By the way, is this guy FOB?

http://www.guzer.com/videos/asian_firework_mouth.php

Brucelee 05-12-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rail26
Ok, the question that has not been asked and I know everybody is wondering...do you ladies drive around topless? Yet again, I crack myself up.

Bmussatti was too scared to ask.

Good one!

:cheers:

SD987 05-13-2006 08:29 PM

No, asians use the same term to describe guys like that as Americans do...WFR...as in What a F*cking Retard.

I swear, it's liquored-up asian dudes doing dumb **************** like that which give the rest of us a bad rep. We're still trying to recover from the irreparable damage caused by Long Duk Dong in "Sixteen Candles", and that was 22 years ago...

bmussatti 05-14-2006 04:51 AM

To The Moms Who Drive Boxsters....

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!!!! :)

porscheracer 05-14-2006 04:12 PM

Quote:

No, asians use the same term to describe guys like that as Americans do...WFR...as in What a F*cking Retard.

I swear, it's liquored-up asian dudes doing dumb **************** like that which give the rest of us a bad rep. We're still trying to recover from the irreparable damage caused by Long Duk Dong in "Sixteen Candles", and that was 22 years ago...

I think asians have come a long way and China will be the new super power. picture this scenario= Chinese couple ordering pizza and the pizza delivery man is a caucasian boy. The rate China is going this will happen in 20 years. Americans will immigrate to China to find jobs etc.

Rail26 05-17-2006 05:59 PM

AUTOMOBEEEEL? No more yankee my wankee, the donger need food. Didn't he redeem himself in ER? I am already looking for airline jobs in China...they will need 55,000 pilots in the next 10 years. Air India and Air China are going to be huge!

Quote:

redman12 05-17-2006 07:06 PM

Woman who drives a stick shift are hot :dance:

Don't ya think?

Brucelee 05-18-2006 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redman12
Woman who drives a stick shift are hot :dance:

Don't ya think?

Yes, all two of them!

:p

MCase 05-18-2006 09:08 AM

Well, this is my first post on an iteresting topic but felt the need to chime in.

I am apparently one of only three women boxster drivers on this board. haha. I havn't ever loved a car so much as i love my little roadster.

2001 Boxster
45000 miles
Arctic Silver
18" Turbos
5-Speed.

You are all a very good resource for information about my new car too. I enjoy coming here and reading all your comments!

Cheers!

Brucelee 05-18-2006 01:05 PM

Nice to hear from you. Glad you enjoy this board.

Thanks! :cheers:

eremite 05-10-2015 03:10 PM

What he said!

KRAM36 05-10-2015 05:52 PM

Now this is some grave digging lol.

This thread is worthless without pictures. :D

PaulDash 05-11-2015 01:04 AM

Yesterday's sighting: a mom and two daughters in a 911 SC Targa

I had my top down. The two girls were staring at my car. I was staring at theirs.