Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #1

Engine replacement costs

I have a chance to pick up 996 millennium edition with a blown motor for very short money. The original owner drove it till 126k and boom IMS . He serviced the car every year at a Porsche dealership and replaced anything that wore out or broke. he had no knowledge of the IMS issue. The car is in remarkably good condition and well optioned with the millennium package.
So i have looked at some salvage motors and rebuilds for any where from 6k to 10K . Does anyone know what the typical cost is to do the actual labor swapping the motors out ? The owner wants it gone , he is waiting for his brand 911 S .

jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #2

Garage
$1,500 + whatever parts & labor comes up once you get the engine out for things you see needing replacement. I have a rebuilt 2001 engine with 3.6 LN sleeves for sale for $14K if you are looking to upgrade or might be interested in buying the car to put the engine in if you deciede to sell it.

BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote