Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1

New Clutch and IMS

Wow. I just picked up my car after having the "Triple Play" performed. Car runs 100% better, clutch is a s smooth as butter, and the "judder" in traffic is gone. Cost me an arm and a leg, and one of my doo dads, but it feels like a new car.
All they had to do is spray the new car smell it and I would never had known the difference.

'05 Sportster
Brockmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #2

I'm dying to know, did you just worry about IMS and have the update or did you notice warning signs? How many miles are on your car? It's always nice getting stuff done to your car and being pleased how much nicer it feels. I just had my wives Mercedes in the dealership for some warranty work and ended up with new tires. I didn't realize how much road noise it had until the new rubber was put on.

I'm getting way off on a tangent, but the dealer wanted $524.00 for two rear tires. I bought the tires on line and took them to a local place for install. I saved $200 bucks, man they try to rob you at the stealership.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #3

Hey, I got the answers to my questions. I saw another thread you posted about your car.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:29 AM   #4

Unless my tire pops on the side of the road, I go to Tirerack.com and get tires. they're usually the cheapest.

'05 Sportster
Brockmeister is offline   Reply With Quote