Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #21

I had a '77 280Z, it was a lot of fun to drive. The styling of the car is still better than most of today's sports car, definitely better than the current Z. Too bad designers now can't design cars that last, styling-wise, except the Boxster and 911

yellowbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
I don't understand the justification of having a beater and having the boxster in the garage, in yellow jacket's case it makes sense since he's got a utility vehicle. but a boxster is an entry level porsche, i used to have a passat as a beater but that thing would occasionally break thus causing me to spend money on things that i could have saved the money for more important things, like a 3.4 upgrade or other toys. not to mention additional insurance every month. a car is the worst investment you all know that, but two cars for 1 person is a stupid idea. Remember, entry level porsche designed to be used as a daily driver. I'm not knocking the boxster in any way, just the idea of having a beater. :chicken:
I look at cars like tools - different tools for different tasks. The Boxster S is a great daily driver, but occasionally I need to tow the boat (96 Bronco) or play in the rocks (94 Jeep - well, some parts are still 94 anyway). Different tasks - different tools.

Of course, when I'm teaching a class for the Forest Service, I've been known to suffer through taking the Boxster up Hwy 330...
Old Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #23

I am looking for a Bandit Trans Am, does that count?

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #24

where are the grounding points I should clean on my boxster? are they listed in the manual?
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #25

It prints at 17" across so you may have to print it on two sheets.

The grounds are right here: http://www.theschillings.com/boxster/grounds-web.jpg
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:41 AM   #26

got it, printed fine. mine sat up during the previous owner (2001 bought with 13,000 miles). checking the grounds sounds wise. thanks!

limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote