Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #1

Wiper Arm Loose

Hi All,
My wiper arm on the driver side is loose and only the passenger side is moving. I would really appreciate it if someone could chime in on how to tighten it and what told do I need.

Thank You very much in advanced,

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #2

@ 6 am this morning, I'm in the garage tinkering with the wiper arm and following the instruction I got from the other forum. Now everything is working...took me only 15 mins
In case one of you run into this situation here's what the member told me:
Use something like a very small flathead screwdriver blade to pop/pry off the black cap that covers the wiper spindle. There's a slot on one edge where you can insert it. You will see a hex nut that secures the wiper arm to the rotating spindle. If it has backed off so far that the arm is not grabbing the splines, I suppose it would not rotate. If you are lucky, that may be all that is wrong, and you just need to re-seat the arm on the spindle and tighten the nut down. I think you need a 13mm socket.

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #3

Thanks for your info ! I will be checking mine ASAP. Nothing worse than a "no wiper" Thanks !
milliemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by unklekraker View Post
If it has backed off so far that the arm is not grabbing the splines, I suppose it would not rotate.
Do you know if the body shop removed the wiper arms when painting your car? They may have failed to properly place them back on. I would check to make sure the passenger side is attached properly to avoid a potential problem down the road.

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote