Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2003, 09:39 PM   #1
Forum Contributor

Question Boxster S or 911 Carrera?

Gang,

I have been contemplating buying a Porsche for awhile now and I have been wanting to ask this question. Is the Carrera worth the higher price they are asking?

My friend who has one has been trying to convince me that it is much better than a Boxster S. I personally think that the Boxster looks better.

Box Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 05:42 AM   #2

Talking Each car is unique!

Having owned 3 911's and 2 Boxsters, I would say that each car is different and the answer depends on what you want from a car. I eventually decided the Boxster was a better fit for me and have been very happy with my choice. IMHO there is no question that the Carerra has a significant performance and prestige edge over the Boxster. However, I wanted a roadster and have never been that happy with the looks of the Cabriolet (even though I owned one). I think you get a lot more car for the money with the Boxster, especially if you buy a slightly used one at the hugh discounts that are now available. Carerra definitely holds its value better. Boxster is more fun to drive. Having said that, if costs were no object a C4 cab is definitely a great car. Can't go wrong either way.
William Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #3
Forum Contributor

Thanks William!

It's good to hear those words from someone that has had experience with both of these cars.

I was driving today and I saw both the 911 Cabriolet and a Boxster S driving by and the Boxster just looks better to me. Looks aside, I just need a sporty car to drive on the weekends and I am not planning on driving it on a daily basis. Money is always an important factor to consider when buying an additional car. I hope to test drive a Boxster S to see just how nice they drive.

Box Dream is offline   Reply With Quote