Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #1

Inexpensive Seat Covers?

The leather on my seats tends to make my back sweat on long trips. I'm about to take a very, very long trip in my Boxster.

Anyone know where I can locate some ALL BLACK seat covers that are breathable like cotton and CHEAP?

I'm not interested in $150.00+ neoprene seat covers. Too pricey and rubber will make me sweat as much as the leather. I just want inexpensive seat covers that breathe and are form fitting to my style of seat.

I need to find something quickly to buy and install before next week when we take off, so any googling you all can do for me would be very helpful. I'm looking too and will post anything I find.

I guess I can always buy a couple of black tank tops and put them over the seats like my surfer buddies do in their camaros.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #2

What, no cow print covers like the Jeeps around here?

I don't know what will help with the heat, but definitely not neoprene. I had those on the Jeep when I sold it and they were pretty hot. I'm not fond of leather seats for the same reason. I guess the black "wife beaters" on the seats would work ok if they are cotton.

Just take them off before anybody sees you get out.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #3

My wife was complaining about the same thing, and I ended up going to a Target store and getting one of their velour one-size-fits-most bucket seat covers.
It did the trick until she decided that dealing with the leather seat wasn't as bad as sticking to the velour all the time.
Sheepskins are really the ticket (I had them on my previous 911), but at $700 or so for a set, a bit pricey.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #4

Don't know if any of these would qualify as inexpensive:
AutoAnything
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #5

I think this is pretty much exactly what you are looking for, yes? They have a few color combinations; black/black was in there someplace.

http://www.tweeks.com/shop?frame=8.90.4268