Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #1

Karlyn Parts

I have to replace my lower front control arms and have seen Karyln arms for around $100. They have a following with old VW fans and are made in America. Anyone have any insight into this brand? Thanks, Ed

cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #2

I have found out more on the Karlyn lower control arms. Only some of their products are made in the USA and the control arms are not. China! Deception strikes deep in the heartland. Ed
Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #3

Vertex has some decent rebuilt ones I've used and they are wearing better than factory.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #4

Thanks. Ed
Old 11-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #5

I have about 10k miles on the Vertex rebuilt lower control arms with poly bushings. They seemed to be of high quality and have performed well so far. I would never consider using off brand components, esp. in my suspension.

A note of caution on Vertex. In two instances I purchased parts that required the return of cores. Both times it took 3-4 weeks after the cores back to get my refunds, and only after I called to find out what was going on (emails sent first elicited no response). And both times the person I spoke with offered neither an excuse nor an apology. This kind of "customer service" makes me want to do business with them only when there's no other option.

Moral:

- Return your cores in a timely manner and always with tracking info.
- Don't assume you're going to get your core refund. If you haven't gotten it within a few days after they've received the part(s), pick up the phone, don't email.

gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote