Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #1

finding litronics

I've got a pair I'm keeping, but I'm always thinking about you guys and how you may want to upgrade but you just don't have $2500 to shell out for that rare, new in box old stock from Porsche when it comes up for sale somewhere.

Here's a link to one headlamp on ebay: 97-2004 Porsche Boxster Passenger Side Xenon Headlight | eBay

Will you have to wait a year or more to find the other one? Probably. But you might get it for less money than this one and get a set (eventually) for a little more than a grand, which is what I paid for mine when Porsche was still shipping them.

Just a thought. If this seems too much or you've found a single unit for less money, the idea of buying one at a time still stands as a lower-cost strategy to upgrade from the factory halogens with orange lamps.

I drove home from Austin to Houston last night and I sure did appreciate my litronics. Wow they are sooooo much brighter than the factory halogens.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #2

Does your litronics use a halogen bulb for the high beam?
baxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
Ex Esso kid

I couldn't tell you what bulbs they use but I have a spotless pair that may come to market along with an underpully, trued, chromed twists, headers, perfect metropol blue seats, dansk exhaust and more..
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #4

Baxster, the xenon bulb changes position upward and a halogen lamp comes on as well to fill in.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Baxster, the xenon bulb changes position upward and a halogen lamp comes on as well to fill in.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess it was the 987 that went to a bi-xenon.

baxster is offline   Reply With Quote