Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #1

Kudos to Brucelee and Rkwei...

I just wanted to give kudos to you two on this forum. The functionality/setup is one of the cleaner and most defect-free of its kind that I've seen. Better than that PPBB which seems a bit more popular (around longer, I'm sure) but looks like it was done by a bunch of third-graders. Did you guys contract the development out? or are you guys webmasters of a sort?

Bruce, in exchange for this ass-kissing post I'm looking for 'Dealer Retail' from you when I sell my 987 in a couple of years.

...and congrats on registering the 987forum domain name, I was going to buy it and sell it to you for an exorbitant sum.

SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:22 AM   #2

Talking

Thanks for the kind words.

Richard Kwei and his brother Joe get all the credit for technical issues. I will let Richard elaborate on how this all gets put together. My contribution is mostly on the Porsche side, dealer questions etc.

In all honesty, we continue to be so pleased by the calibre of folks who regularly post. Quite a civil and informative bunch I think!

On the dealer retail, ring me up, I will see what I can do???

BTW-credit for securing 987Forum.com goes to Joe T. the original owner of the forum. We were just smart enough to make sure that name came with the deal!!!

Thanks again.

Rich Belloff (Brucelee)

:dance:
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:56 AM   #3

Talking I'll second that!

Very nicely done guys. Easy to navigate, search and scan titles and tons of great info for someone like me just getting into servicing the Boxster myself. Like SD987 said, PPBB may have more people (for now), but if you can't find anything or have to take 2 hours wading through everything to find info on a 20 minute job, what's the point?

Thanks guys!
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 AM   #4

I agree. Great job on this site Rich and Richard. While I do surf other Porsche sites sometimes, this is the one I post in and read. The community here is great. And Rich is a great moderator.

I like the technical side of the site as well. The only hangup is that other sites or other software do a better job of quoting others. For example, quoted text is indented and/or bolded in VBulletin-based forums. Where as here, it's the same font and the same indentation as the new text and so it's hard to see what's being quoted at a glance.
socratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:33 AM   #5

Thanks.

RK, can you look into whether this is a feature we can "turn on" or if this is a limitation that we have with the software?

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote