Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #1

Cayman R Spoiler

I've looked at the photos but can't tell if the Cayman R has the "normal" automatic spoiler in conjunction with the fixed wing or not. Does anyone know? Also is the Cayman fixed spoiler available for purchase anywhere?

Old 09-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #2

Someone knows. Fess up.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to 986rgt
As far as I can tell, the Cayman R spoiler is the same as the cayman aerokit spoiler. The spoiler is mounted to the rear hatch in front of the movable spoiler. Just like in previous versions of the boxster, the wing is de-activated when the aerokit wing is mounted. Call you fav porsche dealer and ask them about purchasing the cayman aerokit wing. It will probably be around 600 or so, I would guess.

Steve
986rgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:37 AM   #4

Garage
You may find something similar on this site that will fit your 986 .

http://www.vendio.com/stores/DirectCarToys/category/boxster-boxster-s-986-1997-200/catId=3998150
Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #5

Thanks JD. I'll check it out and see what they have. My goal has been to try to see some spoilers on vehicles that I like the look of before buying. This one looks pretty good. Some are too large for the 986. Some are too small to mess with (for me). I'm looking for the right size, shape and then possibly trim the car in metallic gold or something contrasting the Rainforest Green Metallic paint. It's difficult. When I find a wing/spoiler that a vendor has, that might look good, the vendor's don't have photos from all angles to show how it looks.

To me that's poor advertising. I want to see it from the front, rear and sides for a fair on line evaluation. So far, I'm not getting many posts on my photo requests for wings/spoilers. No hurry though.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #6

I like this one on ebay. Looks like a copy of the factory Porsche aero kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-04-Porsche-Boxster-Maston-Wing-Spoiler-/400208271340?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3APorsche%7CModel%3ABoxster&hash=item5d2e4597ec
brian325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #7

The 2012 Cayman R my wife and I drove at the Sun Valley Porsche Invitational was stationary. I asked the Porsche factory rep if it also has the automatic up/down spoiler. The answer is NO. Only the stationary spoiler.

BTW: It is said the stationary spoiler on the Cayman R produced more down force than the automatic spoiler.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Red Rocket 3
I asked the Porsche factory rep if it also has the automatic up/down spoiler. The answer is NO. Only the stationary spoiler.
They had a Cayman R on Motorweek this morning and I wondered why I never saw the spoiler deploy. Now I know.

BTW, this Cayman R was at the Charlotte Cars & Coffee earlier this month. Nice looking machine.

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote