Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #1

Heated Seats....heat sensor???

OK, I know it is nuts to be thinking about heated seats at this time of year. However, the dealership is telling me that they won't come on when the temperature is too high.

Anyone ever heard about this? If it's true, a what temperature do they become available.

Thoughts?????

Last edited by Extra; 08-23-2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
Extra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:59 PM   #2

I call bull****************. At least on my '06, I've used them on some pretty hot days as a built-in heating pad for a back injury.

EDIT: I guess I'm wrong. The seat heater wouldn't come on after work today, with an indicated temperature of 95°. After driving for a few minutes with the top down, and the outside temp. at 80°, the heater would come on.

Last edited by stephen wilson; 08-23-2011 at 02:16 PM.
stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra
OK, I know it is nuts to be thinking about heated seats at this time of year. However, the dealership is telling me that they won't come on when the temperature is too high.

Anyone ever heard about this? If it's true, a what temperature do they become available.

Thoughts?????
Absolutely required to keep from causing injury.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #4

I've hit them by accident on hot summer days and they come on...my god its hot out...oh, the stupid button...

/
Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #5

Same here - not true. I've accidentally hit a switch (last week) and it certainly got hot.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #6

just today I tried rolling down the window but it wouldn't go. hit the button, hit the button, etc. no go. after giving up thinking I had another gremlin, my a$$ started getting hot. then I realized my mistake...

additionally, when the iPhone is on EDGE, and sitting in the empty passenger seat - it has a tendency to turn the seat heater on high.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #7

I've never had a problem with the seats not turning on in the summer.

That iphone thing sounds funny. I'm gonna put mine on edge and see if it'll turn on the seat. Does the light turn on?
aztecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecw
That iphone thing sounds funny. I'm gonna put mine on edge and see if it'll turn on the seat. Does the light turn on?
yup. took me a while to figure out what was happening. i'd pick up the phone and it'd be hot, then i'd see the light on. thought i was pushing it by mistake.