Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #1

Wing mirror won't adjust

Simple problem this time... My wing mirrors won't adjust via the switch. Is there a specific fuse for these anywhere or any pointers as to how to get them working...
Nice 'easy' non major problem...
Thanks as usual for the help
Pete

Petermark1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:37 AM   #2

My Bentley manual says it's fuse B5 for Year 98-04.
Same fuse for the backup lights, so if they work, its not the fuse.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #3

Thanks Spinnaker for taking the time to look that up for me I checked though and the reversing lights are working... What would be my next option? Have been searching the web and can't find much info on it...
Pete
Petermark1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #4

You will need to get a wiring diagram and trace the circuit path for voltage all the way to the mirror switch. Pull the switch out to get access to the connections and check for voltage and the ground path. If you have voltage at the switch, then try running a jumper wire from the the switch input to one of the output terminals. If the mirror works, then the switch is bad. You can also check the wiring connectors the run from the body out to the doors. I hear that some have had trouble with water getting into them and corroding the contacts. This may be the first place to look.
http://www.********************************************.com/porsche-parts/986-97-04/902-15.php

3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote