Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I spent mid-May to early July in San Antonio, and July to Novemeber in Wichita Falls, Randall, so I do feel your pain, as I did experience exactly six months of Texas weather, albeit mostly in the more northeastern portion, but 105 is still 105, and CT has a serious love affair with humidity, too, so our high double digits suck, the triple digits even more. For me, 100+ in Texas never felt as bad, and my co-worker, recently moved up here from Houston, no less, was B&M-ing about how hot it was this past week compared to back home.
:dance:

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #22

I should really move to San Jose or San Francisco. The temps always hover around the 70s there.

Problem is that it's just too damn liberal for me in that part of the country, not to mention that the state has been teetering on the verge of bankrupcy for years with no end in sight.

So I'll stay in Texas and B&M about it.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 07-26-2011 at 01:47 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #23

Garage
Oh come on Randall, its not that hot!

I just got back from a nice top down drive and it felt great................ till I stopped at the first street light and after 20 seconds I started to melt, then got up to speed and had AC running full blast and hit another street light.........

Damn its hot, what was I thinking........

We will have to plan another run, but early morning...........
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #24

Garage
It really cooled off up here in New England . It's back to the leather jumpsuits for me and my "bird" .
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 AM   #25

You guys need to come to the Colorado mountains for a nice summer drive. The roads up here were made for sportscars and motorcycles. I live at 8700 feet and we rarely get above the low 80's, with most days sunny and in the upper 70's and hunmidity typically in the single digits.
...Of course winter is something else and lasts a long time at elevation.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #26

[QUOTE=Mark_T]I'm definitely living in the wrong climate as we have blistering heat in the summer and frigid cold with deep snow for most of the winter.

I travel to Canada speaking and have never seen Manitoba what I consider hot. What is blistering in Winnipeg? I see your average Summer temps are....76.5 F

Winnipeg's average high during the three warmest months is 24.7 °C (76.5 °F) and the average low is 12 °C (54 °F).
Old 07-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager
Yea, It hit 74 in Santa Maria today (the high temp)... Now it's 59. This is typical weather 9 months of the year.

With all the heat in the news I'm thinking twice about taking a road trip to Michigan next week, the Boxster might melt!
I see someone else is from Santa Maria. I actually live in pa and was born in cali, but some family is still there.

The summer and winter weather here in pa is one reason i really don't enjoy a convertible. I didn't drive mine in the winter for obvious reasons. But the summer is just too damn hot to drive with the top down.

If i could find one with a hard top or even a sensible 911 with a back seat for my neice........

dallison is offline   Reply With Quote