Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #1

N.East 991 unvieling?

Did any of you attend the 991 unveiling at Danbury Porsche last night? How about the coming one at Jack Daniels Porsche in Upper Saddle River NJ this coming Friday the 10th? Had to leave Danbury last night before they got around to pulling the covers off the new car but did have time to peruse the nice display of 911 cars over the years. We hope to see the car at J.D. this Friday if they uncover it early enough.

AKL

'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
I didn't go that particular one but I went to the one at Paramount of Hickory in NC yesterday. Unfortunately I brought my camera but without it's memory card .

I took a bunch with my phone but they aren't very good. A good time was had by all. They gave out free goodie bags and I got to talk for a long time with an engineer that goes to these openings. We talked new 911 and old Boxsters, what a wealth of knowledge.

I remember my first thought when they took the covers off...dang those wheels are big! Took a few minutes to get used to it. Once the place had cleared out pretty good I got the owner to start one up, sounds amazing. To think I'll be cruising in one by mid-march with my friend.

Oh the dash is long...but what makes it look longer is there is no slope to it.

WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #3

Haven't seen one in person yet but many on the other P-car boards have. Consensus is; it's big, wheels look HUGE, basic shape / silhouette is a major deviation from past 911's, looks like a 2 door Panamera, reminiscent of an Aston Martin, sunroof is "different", etc. In general, most liked it but said it is FAR more of a GT car than a sports car (no new news there), noone outright disliked it, just a major departure from the prior (mainly air cooled) 911's. From what I have read from the guys who actually have driven them, no complaints there.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote