Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #1

adjustable toe rods

i am considering making my own adjustable rods. i plan to buy an AURORA -HINI rod ends, female counterclockwise 14mmX1.5, 14mm bore, a double headed L&R threaded dolt, and a std front outer tie rod end.

my challenge: 1) to mill or buy bushing that will reduce the 14mm bore to 12mm and fit in the typical 43mm receiver in the main tower that the old arm fits in
2) to find a double L&R threaded 14mmX1.5 bolt

any thoughts on my plan?

WRGREENER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #2

Save yourself a lot of trouble and just buy the Tarett toe links. Bolt on and go. I'm assuming this is for a track car?
kcpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #3

toe rods

no i i have a daily driver. it took a hit and tweeked the suspension the frame guy says it would be diminishing returns to try to pull it within specs. i am sure that tarett arms are first class, however i an a bit of a DIY guy and thought to re-invent the thing. just looking for problem solving with out bolt-it-up technology (other way to say i am cheap??) i have restored several 911's, a gia, and an alfa. always looking for cleaver solutions (usually already done....better) may end up taking your advise. thanks

WRGREENER is offline   Reply With Quote