Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #1

Garage
2ndary air sys removal...

I am going to be undertaking some maintenance soon, there are several orders of business but firstly, seeing as I am going to be changing over to ROW I was wondering what parts do I need to remove the secondary air injection system. I know that they sell covers for the holes left once it is removed. Also, does the motor have to be taken out of the car in order to do this?

Secondly, I would like to do a throttle body cleaning but where exactly is that gasket necessary found. I have tried surfing pelican parts but it must just be me because I do no find their site very intuitive.

While in there for all of this I need to pull the starter and clean that sucker. replace the MAF and change the oil. I wish I could get a catch can set up instead of the AOS but that will have to be another time.

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #2

here are the part numbers for the plates/gaskets required; i know that suncoast can get them and they are really inexpensive:

996 113 140 53 / 996 113 340 50 plates
996 113 233 50 / 996 113 213 51 gaskets

regarding aos, i think the motorsport aos goes in easier without the secondary air system in the way ...
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
Rennzenn

Garage
Lobo or Radium King:
When removing the secondary air injection, how do you deal wit he ECU so the CEL doesn't come on with the pump removed?
I'd love to lose the SAI on my car. It's dead weight since I have no cats.
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #4

Garage
you have to reflash your ECU with a ROW DME or some aftermarket one that essentially turns it off.

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote