986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Chicks Car? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28177)

surf40 03-19-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonwind
:rolleyes:
Are you being serious or just trolling? :troll:

No trolling, just what my friends said. It won’t stop me from getting one. Though my friends did back down when I threatened to not give them rides in it down Pacific Coast Highway here in Southern California. I live in Ventura County, and can get to the PCH north of Malibu in 10 min. Lots of really good canyons above PHC in the Santa Monica Mountains.

jacabean 03-19-2011 05:32 PM

that is without a doubt the best place to drive a boxster. the roads are incredible up there .

jacabean 03-19-2011 05:42 PM

when my buddies start to pull that **************** , not a real porsche or a ********************es car. I tell them where is the engine located on most high dollar , high performance and race cars . in da middle . most don't get it cause der dumb and jealous ! then I start to tell them about how much of a P.O.S. my 2010 Evo X is compared to my 8 year old boxster S .

Johnny Danger 03-19-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacabean
that is without a doubt the best place to drive a boxster. the roads are incredible up there .

You must live in a part of Mass. that the rest of us don't ! LOL ! After a winter like this,
the surface of the moon will seem smoother by comparison !

thstone 03-19-2011 10:03 PM

Pulling out of the driveway yesterday afternoon and there are two 11-yr old boys standing on the sidewalk. As I pull out, they both stop, stare, and one says, "Mister, that is the coolest car I've ever seen!".

'nuff said.

tawheed 03-19-2011 11:21 PM

At the end of the day for what 996 C2s are going for I could have easily bought one over my 986S. I just prefer convertibles for a summer only car and am not a big fan of 911 Cabs. I think between the two the Boxster is a better driver's car. I don't need 1000hp to have fun..

As for people having their opinion about it being a "lesser" Porsche or a chick's car - I bought the car for me to enjoy, not to prove something to or impress anyone else in any way, shape or form. If that's what they want to think, by all means they can.

jacabean 03-20-2011 05:25 AM

i was talking about the Santa Monica mountains CA not the surface of the moon roads we have in Mass.

ekam 03-20-2011 06:40 AM

It is a chick's car.

http://www.transgressive.ca/images/elena/_DSC8424.jpg

stateofidleness 03-20-2011 09:01 AM

I STILL think that chick is in my top 3 of all time.. no joke...

Jenna Lee (from Fox News lol)
boxster chick
slot 3 gets filled with the flavor of the week. :)

Chuck W. 03-20-2011 04:32 PM

In 2001 I special order my 986S. It was my first Porsche and I loaded it with the options I wanted. Lots and lots of options. A few years later I added a '97 993 cab. Sold the cab and added a '97 993 turbo. I may add another Porsche, but I will never sell the Boxster or turbo. They are great cars. Very different, but both are great. The smile I get from driving the Boxster S in no bigger than the one I get from the turbo. Chick’s car? I've heard that and call BS.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0...D720/ry%3D480/

keithl 03-21-2011 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surf40
So, last week I told some of my friends that I was thinking of getting a Boxster. Their immediate reactions was “That’s a Chicks Car”. Have any of you guys heard that? I have started noticing that there seems to be a greater number of women driving Boxsters than say Caymans or 911s. Have we got another Miata here? :)

Only the automatics are chick cars. ;)

lifeisgood 03-21-2011 06:12 AM

Chick car? absolutely, and I'm riding it.

Perfectlap 03-21-2011 06:54 AM

Boxster is the roadster that sets the bar in its class. The same can not be said about other Porsches in the line up. ;)

When I hear someone refer to the Boxster as a chick car I know two things immediately. One this person has little if any time behind the wheel in a high performance driving instruction setting and two the person is not too familiar with the brand.

Now that being said, roadsters in general get the "chick" car label. Despite the fact that nearly all, well the good ones at least, are fixtures at most track days and autocross events.

nieuwhzn 03-21-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
....are fixtures at most track days and autocross events.

So, so, chicks don't track their cars? :eek:

dallison 03-21-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfectlap
When I hear someone refer to the Boxster as a chick car I know two things immediately. One this person has little if any time behind the wheel in a high performance driving instruction setting and two the person is not too familiar with the brand.

I agree, most have no clue.

chris97boxster 03-21-2011 10:30 AM

So all mid-engined cars are chick cars?!?
or only the ones that r convertibles ?

I usually quip back "so what is ur opinion
on the Carrera GT?"
-->one resresponse was "never heard of a
Carrera GT"

when ppl make that statement (chick car)
1st- they r un-informed
2nd- never driven a boxster
3Rd- an IQ not worth mentioning
I could go on
911 is a different beast
my 2 cents
Chris

Perfectlap 03-21-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nieuwhzn
So, so, chicks don't track their cars? :eek:

well....technically the average male who owns a Porsche is "chick-like" in that he won't ever go near HP driving instruction which makes the actual chicks who do track their cars and even smaller microcosm of the Porsche owner camp.
Equally interesting are the timesheets for non-Porsche events like SCCA vs the lap times at the 'wine and cheese' Porsche Club events. At the SCCA events you might see the first 10 positions separated by less than half a second, wheareas the Porsch Club might see as much as 3 seconds from fastes to slowest amongst the same number of drivers.

also, it is well established that women who track/autox their P-cars are not chicks but babes.

johnsimion 03-21-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimAustinW
What kills me are Cayman owners bashing on the Boxster when the Cayman is essentially a hard top Boxster with a little more hp.

I have a Cayman and I don't bash Boxsters, and I agree, that is indeed stupid. So, you mean my Cayman might have a couple of HP more than your Boxster? Wow, I didn't even know that -- or care. However, I also hear Boxster owners bash Cayman owners, as in, "What's wrong with you, why did you pay extra and not get a convertible?" Equally stupid reasoning: I didn't pay extra, I couldn't care less about the convertible, and I like the styling a smidgen better -- but so what? To each his own.

lifeisgood 03-21-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsimion
I have a Cayman and I don't bash Boxsters, and I agree, that is indeed stupid. So, you mean my Cayman might have a couple of HP more than your Boxster? Wow, I didn't even know that -- or care. However, I also hear Boxster owners bash Cayman owners, as in, "What's wrong with you, why did you pay extra and not get a convertible?" Equally stupid reasoning: I didn't pay extra, I couldn't care less about the convertible, and I like the styling a smidgen better -- but so what? To each his own.

Can a Boxster S owner bashing the base Boxster owner? Because I need to bash someone so I can feel more superior.

clickman 03-21-2011 01:57 PM

So who are we base Boxster owners going to bash then?? :confused: