Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2005, 10:13 PM   #1

Looking for OPC in SFO/Bay Area or Denver that sells AeroKit II Side Skirts

The title says it all Almost.

I"ll be in these 2 areas week after next and is looking to get a pair of side skirts to spruce up the look of my car. The local OPC in Singapore is asking $600 a piece!!??

Brandywine Porsche looks to be a good alternative although prices has risen recently. And shipping is not exactly prompt (my carbon tip gearshift cover is still on order after 2 months).

Does anyone knows how much the side skirt retails for? I also want to take the chance to buy some apparels & accessories (tie, polo Ts, hood crest, umbrella).

Thanks a bunch!

clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 10:31 PM   #2

Not sure about the sideskirts price for the Aerokit, but I got the Gemballa and they are 1500 for the pair, so if they are less then that sounds like your getting a good price. The Gemballa are typically more expensive anyways...
Old 05-28-2005, 10:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmillr
Not sure about the sideskirts price for the Aerokit, but I got the Gemballa and they are 1500 for the pair, so if they are less then that sounds like your getting a good price. The Gemballa are typically more expensive anyways...
Yes, the Gemballa ones are definitely more expensive than Porsche's I've checked at least 8 items and compared prices between the local OPC and the ones I can get from US. They're always at least twice the price over here. It's a monopoly as there is only 1 OPC in Singapore.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
Lux

I looked locally before getting mine from Brandywine. The list price is ridiculous...something like $800 apiece. I don't think any dealer really stocks them. They come from a main wharehouse somewhere in Atlanta or something...

-
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #5

As said, you are not going to be able to walk into any dealer/OPC and find what you want sitting on a shelf. Dealers do not like inventory sitting on a shelf unless it is fast moving because it cost them money.

In the US the parts warehouses are located in Atlanta Georgia, and in Ontario in Southern California. It takes a few days to get it sent to a dealership, if the part is in the US.

When I started out 6 years ago Porsche headquaters and the parts warerhouse was in Reno, Nevada. Very handy since I am in San Jose, which is close. I could get a part in a day or two back then.

Let me know if you are going to be in the San Jose area which is about 45 minutes South of San Francisco. I can put you in touch with the parts guys at my dealer but it would be via phone. I think only the manager has email.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:52 AM   #6

Tool Pants/Lux,

Yes, I'm aware that the side skirts are probably not going to be sitting on the shelf for purchase I'm looking to order the side skirt and get it shipped to my hotel for me to hand carry it back home.

As for items off the shelf, I'm looking at probably the polo T, bonnet crest, umbrella and maybe a tie. I'm sure these items are ex-stock? Hopefully...

Tool Pants,

Yes, I would be interested to get your parts contact in San Jose. If his prices are ok, I'll either get him to ship them to SFO or pick them up myself at his dealership....