986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Robo-Top, The One-Touch Convertible Top Module, Easy Install, $79.95 (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27797)

Highlow 02-11-2011 03:13 PM

Robo-Top, The One-Touch Convertible Top Module, Easy Install, $79.95

It’s Finally Here! After Months of Testing, Robo-Top is Now Complete.

OneTouchPorsche.com Only $79.95

Robo-Top is a Convertible Top Module That Allows One-Touch Operation for 986 Boxsters and 996 Cabriolets.

Details:

- One-Touch Convertible Operation for 986 Boxsters and 996 Cabriolets

- Do it Yourself 5 Minute Installation (Reversible and Very Easy)

- $79.95, A Price that Allows all Owners to Enjoy

- Ability to Stop Movement Mid Operation

- OEM Settings Included (Holding Button Down = Movement)

- 2 Year Warranty for the Robo-Top Module

- It is Possible to Use Robo-Top While Moving, Visit this Link to See How OneTouchPorsche.com/moving

One of the first users of Robo-Top had this to say:

“I didn’t know I wanted the one-touch capability until I had it, it makes things a lot easier.”

OneTouchPorsche.com Only $79.95

Please Let Me Know if You Have Any Questions!

Tyler

thstone 02-11-2011 03:38 PM

I just bought one! Thanks!

I also plan to disable the speed and parking brake lockouts in the top relay.

Freedom, at last!

rymsteve 02-11-2011 07:21 PM

fantastic! thank you!

baxster 02-11-2011 07:25 PM

1 or 2 year warranty

Your post says 1 year, and your website says 2 years for the warranty.

I'm saving my pennies :dance:

Jsonorous 02-11-2011 08:32 PM

Good luck with this! If I hadn't bought a SmartTop last summer I would be all over this. The convenience is well worth what you are asking.

Highlow 02-12-2011 05:27 AM

Thanks Guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxster
Your post says 1 year, and your website says 2 years for the warranty.

I'm saving my pennies :dance:

Good spot, 2 years is what both should say.

Jake D 02-12-2011 07:29 AM

I personally don't like bending pin 18 over when you can simply put tape around the pin and won't do any damage to the relay. My luck if I sell it someone wouldn't want that feature and then pin would snap off when trying to bend it back. I just used some tape and it worked fine. Heard that relays over $100.

Just my 2cents

Highlow 02-14-2011 04:15 AM

That works too, same idea.

thstone 02-16-2011 11:38 AM

I installed the Robo-Top last night. Installation took 4 mins - and that included a top down/up test cycle.

Product appears well made and felt sturdy while pushing on the single connection.

The instructions were outstanding with easy to understand steps and clear color photographs.

The one-push button operation is really nice and I plan to do the hand-brake and speed fix tonight so I have full control over the top and can put it up/down with one push of the button on the way in/out of the driveway.

At the end of the day (and about 15 mins of total effort), I will have the same features as the SmartTop at 1/3 of the price.

Highly recommended!

Highlow 02-19-2011 08:44 AM

Thanks for the review!

Highlow 03-15-2011 08:44 AM

Even when I have to chop the top, Robo-Top is great to have.

Highlow 03-19-2011 07:04 AM

Bump for those who have not seen this.

thstone 03-20-2011 08:21 AM

After installing the Robotop one-touch switch and working around the speed and parking brake lockouts several weeks ago, I can say that this is heaven!

My typical routine now is to put the top up/down on my way in/out of the driveway. Speeds are like 5mph so really no threat of damage - just super convienent.

Also greatly reduces anxiety when dropping or putting up the top while stopped at a light (will I make it befoe the light changes?). Of course, pulling over and stopping for 15 secs to put the top up/down wasn't the end of the world, but this approach is much more convienent.

Both the speed and the parking brake workarounds can be done together in about 10 mins.

Well worth the $79.

Highlow 03-31-2011 06:05 PM

Thank you Mr. Stone.

coolbreeze551 03-31-2011 06:44 PM

I will be ordering mine in the next couple months once I get my car back. I have been waiting for something like this for as long as I have had the car (only a year haha). Can't wait!!

Tieniber 03-31-2011 08:29 PM

Just installed one of these tonight. Everything seems to be working exactly as I hoped! This is the perfect finishing touch to my new glass window top. No more chopping AND no more button holding. The top works just like the side windows now. Awesome!

Installation was ridiculously easy. Thanks Highlow!

brabus 04-01-2011 03:30 PM

Bought one from Highlow about a month ago.
It work perfectly on my 2003 S RHD .
Highlow is also very kind to assure me that if the module is not working, he will refund me the money once i shipped it back to him .
Highly recommended seller :cheers:

Guvs 04-03-2011 12:05 PM

Thank you Tyler.
Having done the number 15 and 18 pin Mods on the relay switch some months ago, and after reading about the Robo Top on my UK Boxster forum, I decided to buy the one touch button mod to complete and finish off this Modification, one thing I need to mention before I forget is, I got stung for £18.00 customs duty charge when it arrived in the UK :mad: so do you cousins across the Atlantic a favor and tick the box that says "Gift" ;)
Just to add a little note, I now find I'm dropping the hood a lot more now I have the Robo top Mod, it's so easy and convenient (and looks so cool :D ) I drop the hood on the way out of my estate for a while until I'm about to reach the Dual carriageway (70 mph speed limit) and just flick the button and top up before getting on to it and putting my foot down, at the end of the Dual Carriageway while slowing down for the roundabout to the town center again one touch and down it comes again, and so on a few more times until I get to my final destination, will have to make sure I oil/grease the hood a lot more now :eek:
And last thing thank you for very good customer service, was a pleasure doing business with you and also all good reports from other members of my forum.
Guvs.

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...berplate-1.jpg

Highlow 04-07-2011 01:07 PM

Thank you all very much, I hope you all enjoy the product!

Tyler

tonycarreon 04-10-2011 01:06 PM

just purchased.

i like that the install video is 37-seconds from start to finish...

update 4/13/2011:
arrived yesterday. installed this morning - took less than 4 minutes including a top up/down test. took longer to remove the plug from the original switch than anything else. feels solid, no worry that it might slip off someday.

all i can say is if you don't have one, get it - excellent cust svc, quick shipping and one of the easiest and cheapest to do mods out there.