Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #1

Armor All Car Wash Wipes are no more

Those of you that know what the Armor All Car Wash Wipes are, know that they are great for a quick clean when you travel, clean rims, or to clean bugs off with.
I found out a few months ago(rumors at the time) that they are being discontinued and I found out this month that they are indeed discontinued due to poor sales.
So I went to Walmart and Walgreens the past week to buy out the rest of what I can. Just a little heads up to you guys that use them so you can go out and buy the remaining stock that you can. After going to 10 stores, I was only able to find a total of 5 packages......

tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #2

Talking

I haven't used an armour all product in 12 years

Try going to a auto detailing store to pick up some professional grade product from Meguiars (not Pepboys or Autozone which carry the consumer stuff).

I love the products and haven't seen anything better that would make me want to change.

Just my 2 cents..

KRZ
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 04:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRZTACO
Try going to a auto detailing store to pick up some professional grade product from Meguiars
Yeah but thats only if you have the time to clean and wax it.
I'm talking about something that is like a big wet napkin
Great for a quick 1min bug clean while on trips. Now don't tell me you take a full blown carwash kit with you when you go on trips

Meguiars is great stuff but I use Zaino personally.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:54 AM   #4

Not sure if you all use any of the Zaino products, but the Z6 detail spray and all new Z8(which by the way ROCKS!) are great for the inbetween cleanings and rims. THis isnt a wipe, i guess like a baby wipe, but with a nice soft cotton rag around this stuff is hands down the best stuff I have EVER used.

If you havent already tried the Zaino Z8 then I would suggest trying it now...
goto www.zainostore.com
Old 05-27-2005, 07:19 AM   #5

Zaino Rocks is the $hit!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:41 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Yeah, much better than the Armor All wipes is the Meguiars quick detail spray. It's about $4, and sure, it requires a cloth, but it's far superior to the Armor All stuff.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #7

If you like the Meguirs detail spray you need to try Zaino Z8. My buddy and I compared the two products and the Z8 is 100 times smoother and wetter looking. Down side is the Z8 is almost $20 a bottle. I buy 3 at a time and never use anything else other then the 2 times a year Z5 with ZFX accelerator applications by Zaino. The protection is so good the bugs drop off after hitting the front end versus sticking and drying in.

The best part about the Z8 is that it doesnt come off when you wash your car. Well maybe after 4 or 5 washed without using anymore Z8 between. The Z8 layers on top of itself everytime you use it and get slicker and slicker. i am currently into 30 something applications and its smoother then silk.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Maybe I'm not completely understanding the process of using the quick detailer. I thought that it was just a quick-drying, non-streaking method to get dirt off the car. Are you telling me that it has protective and wax-like properties? Interesting!!
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
Maybe I'm not completely understanding the process of using the quick detailer. I thought that it was just a quick-drying, non-streaking method to get dirt off the car. Are you telling me that it has protective and wax-like properties? Interesting!!

JFmiller has a point, nothing wrong with giving it a try.

Do you notice any streaks?

KRZ
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #10

No streaks or anything. I would recommend going to www.zainostore.com and read up about the Z8 product. Very impressive in regards to how it works and what it does. But yes I beleive the Z8 reminds me very much like a wax with a nice protective layer that keeps building up the more you put on.