Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 07:58 AM   #1

Post Bogus Basin Bacchanalia (BBB)

This is going to be a great get together and Autocross and would be cool if some out of towners could make it Boise Idaho on May 27th
http://www.pca.org/ss/BBB.htm

custom-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #2

The Event was great. 41 cars raced on the 2 mile hill climb with times ranging from 1 min 53 sec to 2 min 40 sec. A good time was had by all except maybe the guy with the black 993 that put it in a bank. It was really cool just being around all the Porsche Junkies. The really good news of the weekend was that Dave(my boss) let me drive his GT2 on about a 12 mile stretch thru some crazy turns up in the mountains. A very rare experience indeed.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #3

Ya gotta love a man who is secure enough to drive an orange Porsche!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:12 AM   #4

This looks like a truly great event.
Is the road all paved or no?
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #5

Yes the road is slightly better than two miles of paved road, it has 8 major turns some 180 degrees, plus alot of S turns. Again it is the only PCA sponsered Hillcross in America.

Brucelee ,I will tell you how secure Dave(orange GT2 owner) is.
I missed the Ralley on sunday(hillcross was on saturday) and there was a PCA banquet that evening Which I did not have tickets for, He said "Since you did not get to go on the ralley take my tickets to the banquet and you might as well take my car too,I'll watch your kids" and threw me the keys! It was raining!!! He did not udder one word about "hey be carefull" or "don't get on it" or any thing of the sort just "have a great time" The drive was about 30 miles one way up into the mountains(thankfully roads dried up on the return ). When me and the wife got home the first question asked was "You got into the turbos didn't you?" My answer of course was "Yes"
So you are absolutey right you gotta love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS :: All the hoods are up for Tech inspection not a Show and Shine.

Last edited by custom-cruiser; 05-30-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:56 AM   #6

question:

What were they inspecting??? with the hoods up..
dennizxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:01 AM   #7

Wow, that is impressive. Glad you had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom-cruiser
Yes the road is slightly better than two miles of paved road, it has 8 major turns some 180 degrees, plus alot of S turns. Again it is the only PCA sponsered Hillcross in America.

Brucelee ,I will tell you how secure Dave(orange GT2 owner) is.
I missed the Ralley on sunday(hillcross was on saturday) and there was a PCA banquet that evening Which I did not have tickets for, He said "Since you did not get to go on the ralley take my tickets to the banquet and you might as well take my car too,I'll watch your kids" and threw me the keys! It was raining!!! He did not udder one word about "hey be carefull" or "don't get on it" or any thing of the sort just "have a great time" The drive was about 30 miles one way up into the mountains(thankfully roads dried up on the return ). When me and the wife got home the first question asked was "You got into the turbos didn't you?" My answer of course was "Yes"
So you are absolutey right you gotta love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS :: All the hoods are up for Tech inspection not a Show and Shine.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:20 AM   #8

They were checking to make sure nothing was in the trunk, you could have absolutly nothing loose anywhere in the car, battery secure, ect. not that big a deal on the newer cars but some 356's were in attendance as well as some modified. One of the only Tech mishaps of the day was they found about a pound of dog food in a 911 engine compartment. We narrowed it down to either kids having fun or a pack rat storing for the winter.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:45 AM   #9

dog food huh....wonder how that got in there...

wow seems like a blast..!!!
dennizxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 12:25 PM   #10