Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #1

Spyder reviewed by a blonde...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0apjBooC59I

Watch until the end...

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #2

Hmmm....., better look in my frunk. Never know what you might find.
Spinnaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:13 AM   #3

OK so $67,000 Less what maybe $12,000 (on paper for a trade) so for my car and $55,000, I can buy a car that looks strikingly like....oh yeah my car! The weight? From what I've read a 1998 Boxster doesn't weigh a lot more than the spyder it's just clearly underpowered in contrast. Ah but what does that really mean? A few tenths of seconds, maybe even a full second faster? IMO, for what I'd spend for the fork lift upgrade, I could drop 10K in my own car, put it on a similar weight diet and certainly not be disappearing from the Boxster Spyder's rear view mirror... Besides, I'm looking to move to Florida where I'm told AC isn't an option but vital!!!!

Last edited by eightsandaces; 12-27-2010 at 03:16 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:40 AM   #4

Nice review. Holy cow she is short! Look at how far forward the seat is and still how low slung she is at the 1:00min mark...

Thanks for sharing
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:20 AM   #5

Good reviewer, and if you ever want that alone time driving, you can always fit her in the trunk.

Not impressed by the car. This is definitely a fair weather driver, or for those who keep their Porsche's as garage queens. I will stick with my Boxster S. The 176 lbs savins in weight, the 10 additional HP, and the (literally) no top, is not worth the extra $10K. I wonder why they didn't stick an Optima battery in there for an additional 10 lbs of weight savings?
Soetekouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #6

"If I get another speeding ticket, I lose my license."...... I think you're good wearing that low cut pink tank top.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake D
"If I get another speeding ticket, I lose my license."...... I think you're good wearing that low cut pink tank top.

Haha I was thinking the same thing but in the reality world of cruiser cams, I'm sure her negotiating power has been somewhat muted.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
JTP

A cute petit blonde that speaks car talk. How f'n sexy is that?

Nice review but that music is super annoying.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:38 AM   #9

She fit in there with room to spare.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #10

Did she really say, "The faster you go, the more fun it is!"?

Somehow that comment just wouldn't have had the same impact coming from a guy. (I think I may be in love? )
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #11

When I saw the title of this string I thought I'd pile on with comments about a stupid blond -- but this chick knows what she's talking about.
To hell with trunk monkey, I want her in my frunk.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Holy cow she is short! Look at how far forward the seat is and still how low slung she is at the 1:00min mark...
She's listed as a whole 5' tall and weighs a C note. But she'd sure fit nice in my Boxster.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #13

She can hide in my frunk anytime!

I think the market is quite limited for that vehicle.
Norminhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #14

I thought I was the only one to notice she's chewing the steering wheel. I guess those bucket seats are not height adjustable.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #15

I'd like to stuff her in my trunk..... errr... sounds kinda creepy?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsandaces
Besides, I'm looking to move to Florida where I'm told AC isn't an option but vital!!!!
You got that right!!
You also MUST have a top that goes up in like 18 seconds. You can leave my house with clear blue skies and by the time you get to the main intersection, 4 miles from my house, it can be raining. I've been caught at least a dozen times not being able to stop or get under something to put the top up before the seats need wiped dry. If it took 5 minutes to put the damned thing up?
I really wish Porsche would've spent the time and money doing a nice retractable hard top instead. Quiet with the top (that can't be cut or destroyed by wildlife) up and still a convertible with it down. My neighbor has a retractable hardtop Bimmer, and it's nice. If it was a Porsche, it would be perfect.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickurt
I really wish Porsche would've spent the time and money doing a nice retractable hard top instead.
I think Porsche will hold out from making a retractable hardtop for as long as possible on any of their cars. Plus it would be very difficult to have a retractable hardtop on a mid-engined car. Top engine access would be a nightmare.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #18

Hardtop? God no. That's a worse deed than killing baby dolphins.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:01 AM   #19

Well the comments that "all you get for an extra $10K" seem to fail to take into account how expensive some of those upgrades are. For starters those seats are ridonkulusly expensive. The old GT3 seats in my car still set you back about $2K.
These second generation GT3 seats probably go for at least $5K a set in the aftermarket. Those 19" wheels which are lighter than the 18" wheels on an S model are also crazy expensive. I recently tried to replace just one of my old Carrera 18 inchers and the cost for one new factory wheel was $900 ($500 used, per wheel). Slap on 19" rubber and those Boxster Spyder wheels easily set you back $6K. That's your extra $10K on the window sticker right there.
Also, Dropping the equivalent weight of an extra full grown adult passenger is no small feat in a sports car. Additionaly, 320 HP is more power out of the box than 99% of the Porsche Carreras ever built. The standard Carrera didn't cross the 300 HP mark until the 997 was unveiled only five years ago. And again that's 320 HP on a very light car that meets all modern day safety requirements with two trunks to boot. That's pretty darn impressive for a modern day RS. Sure its very expensive but not really anymore expensive than all other over-priced Porsches which are regularly outperformed or equalled on the track by less expensive cars. This Boxster Spyder, which in manual gearbox form was faster around the track than a PDK equipped Cayman S, from lap #1 is only going to get better with more power and less weight. That's sounds exciting to me, although I wish they would have come up with a retractable softop that didn't use a motor, some sort of ball bearing/track system to conserve weight but keep practical like you saw on the old Miata.

p.s.
someone give the blonde a sandwich and a protein shake.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 12-30-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #20

Garage
The blonde bird wasn't bad until I saw the tattoo on the arm. Very trailer park trash.