Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #1

engine stall

hey guys. i just noticed something today. was wondering if anyone had a thought. i am due for a spark plug change. bought them from pelican parts and waiting for delivery. anyhow, today, it was extremely cold. i was at a red light in neutral. i felt the engine idle. the thing i noticed, that i never noticed before, was that every few seconds, if you pay attention, the engine's rpm drops slightly as if it wants to stall. is this normal? will the spark plug change "cure" it? was it just because it's extremely cold out today? thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-tuan

Old 12-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #2

I had same symptoms with my Boxster, and I felt it too before my 60K maintenance.

I changed oil, plugs/tubes, cleaned MAF and replaces belt and fuel pump and it went away.. one of those fixed it.

Sasha
sasha055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanle16
hey guys. i just noticed something today. was wondering if anyone had a thought. i am due for a spark plug change. bought them from pelican parts and waiting for delivery. anyhow, today, it was extremely cold. i was at a red light in neutral. i felt the engine idle. the thing i noticed, that i never noticed before, was that every few seconds, if you pay attention, the engine's rpm drops slightly as if it wants to stall. is this normal? will the spark plug change "cure" it? was it just because it's extremely cold out today? thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-tuan
I had similar experience. Cleaning the MAF did help but cleaning both the MAF and the throttle body did the trick for me. over 35K miles since and the idle RPM is solid

sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote