Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #1

Porsche *quality*

I think somebody was drunk when they were building my '99 Boxster. I'm at the point where I'm taking the transmission to engine bolts out. There are two bolts at the bottom that may, or may not, be there. I have one on the driver's side. There are six bolts that bolt the trans to the engine; three on each side. My car has three on the driver's side, and ONE on the passenger side. So my trans has 4 bolts holding it to the driver's side, and ONE bolt holding it to the passenger side.

Makes me think, "WTF?"

Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #2

is it possible someone did some work on the transmission but didnt put all the bolts back in?
Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

The car is twelve years old anythang is possible.
Caractere kit seam sealed, Caractere rear wing, 1 3/4" drop on coilovers, 235/40/18 Kuhmo XS on 18x8 Millie Miglia Spider II's, H2sport spindles, H&R front Sway bar, O-bar rear torsion, VF Eng. motor mounts, G60 12# flywheel, Nuespeed P-flow intake, Forge DV, Samco IP, Custom K04 turbo and Upsolute chip, 4 bar fpr, TT 2 1/2" SS DP, 2 1/2" custom stainless exhaust no muffler, Peleguin LSD, B&M SS, Momo 14" wheel, R32 steering rack.
yelojkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #4

Fiat door contents randomly over a twenty year period:

One soda bottle

pair of exquisite leather trimming shears

and one painting inside the door panel, a good one too, someone with some painting game...

Oh and tons of weed rattles from people putting 35mm plastic film holders into vent tubes and the like and forgetting their stash was there, including one deaf stoner. I remember my father asking him if he wanted the "found film canister" , he must have been Italian because I never saw a guy sign so fast, I don't know what he said but clearly it was an emphatic "yes"....

Last edited by eightsandaces; 12-11-2010 at 02:34 AM.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:51 AM   #5

Are you the original owner ?
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam
Are you the original owner ?
I'm speaking of cars delivered from Torino Italy that had these contents, as for the 124 Spider, my dad is the number two owner, it was from Germany, it was purchased and brought stateside by a soldier.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:59 AM   #7
JTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsandaces
Fiat door contents randomly over a twenty year period:

One soda bottle

pair of exquisite leather trimming shears

and one painting inside the door panel, a good one too, someone with some painting game...

Oh and tons of weed rattles from people putting 35mm plastic film holders into vent tubes and the like and forgetting their stash was there, including one deaf stoner. I remember my father asking him if he wanted the "found film canister" , he must have been Italian because I never saw a guy sign so fast, I don't know what he said but clearly it was an emphatic "yes"....
Did these little canisters happen to contain some white powder? Or maybe some dried leaves and buds?
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #8

I was wrong. There were three on the passenger side. The top bolt was in place, as well as the middle bolt that I saw originally. The nut on the stud was on the bottom too. Still missing the bottom bolt on that side though.

The engine has an "SX" serial number, so I believe it is a warranty replacement engine, meaning that a Porsche dealer did the replacement/left the bolt out.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #9

Deloreans

JTP +1

I think the white stuff was coming from the Deloreans, hahahaha! and see...Fiat was "going green" years ago!!!!sorry...could not resist!!!

J'sboxie is offline   Reply With Quote