Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #1

Exclamation Please Help!!!!!!

ok this is my first post and hope to supply you guys and girls out there with all the necessary info to help me out. I have a 2001 2.7 boxster convertable with about 135k on her, the other day i was going around a turn and gave her a lil too much gas spun her around and ended up in the ditch no big deal backed it right out and proceeded to go home. well on my ride home i noticed my light by the temp blinking so when i pulled in my garage i had to check things out, well it turns out i was leaking antifreeze from some were but i cant isolate it if anyone has a diagram of the cooling system or any addvise it would be greatly appreacted, i believe i just blew a hose it seams to be leakin for the front left but iam really not sure thanks in addvace for any info

deanr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #2

radiators are upfront,flatbed it to a good bodyshop/auto repair
extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #3

I would not be surprised to find that you have cracked one (or both) of the radiators. The units are mounted in such a manner that the flexing from running the car’s nose slowly over a parking curb is enough to do it; so you spin probably took them out. To inspect them, you need to remove the front bumper cover…………..

Last edited by JFP in PA; 11-21-2010 at 01:49 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote