Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #1

New Boxster S owner

Finally get to call myself an owner versus an admirer. I have been looking for a Boxster S for the past year, I'm currently in Afghanistan, but saw one on Autotrader that was close to home and sounded perfect. Sent my wife to look at it, got a clean bill of health from local Porsche mechanic and bought this 2001. It sucks that I won't evn drive it until Christmas when I go home for 2 weeks of R&R, but it's mine! :dance:

Two upgrades I'm thinking about are an aero kit and double dinn nav stereo unit. The car has full leather option, litronic headlights, 18" turbo wheels. It was very well maintained by last owner and according to my wife looks near new.

Anyone out there have any experience with Rieger Tuning. They have a new body out that I think would look perfect on my car. It is made of ABS and from what I have read is only made for the euro version so there is a slight modification that needs to be made to the front bumper support. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have some time to plan my upgrade as I don't return home until summer

Here is my black 01 as well as the Rieger body kit I'm interested in. I also have not found a place in the states that sells the Rieger kit. LLTek in Canada was only place that advertised selling it that I have fornd so far...

Attached Images

Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #2

Congrats!

Wow, that is a nice body kit! I hadn't seen that one, have to look into it myself.

Good luck in Afghanistan. Haven't seen that particular paradise, but I have plenty of time in Iraq.

have fun with the car, and keep us posted.

2001 S Speed Yellow, matching interior, German Plates!!
Iflylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:16 AM   #3

Garage
Rieger Tuning

USA

LLtek Motorsports
1320 State Route 9, Champlain, New York, 12919
Fon: 001-514-7336333
Fax: 001-514-7356275
Email: sales@lltek.com
Internet: www.lltek.com

******************************** 24, LLC
111 E. Cedar Ave. Unit 102, Burbank, CA 91502
Fon: 001 818 845-0040
Fax: 001 818 845 0012
Email: info@ah-24.com
Internet: www.ah-24.com

RPI Equipped!
Essex Dist. Inc.
1160 Yew Ave, 98230 Blaine WA
Fon: 001-604-944-9079
Fax: 001-604-944-1797
Email: info@rpiequipped.com
Internet: www.rpiequipped.com
Old 10-25-2010, 03:51 AM   #4

Curly, thanks for your service to the country, congrats, it looks like a beauty.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 AM   #5
JTP

Curly, congrats on the new ride.
I also bought my '00 S during my deployment in Iraq. I had been actively looking for a 986 and found one a nice one during my R&R. Only got to drive it for three days before storing it while I went back to Iraq.
Getting a body kit may be tempting but I would seriously consider getting the IMS Retrofit and address some other maintenance issues first, despite getting an approval from the local Porsche mechanic. Since you're in the 'Ghan til December you might think about sending it to Flat6 for the retrofit. Thinking back, that's what I should have done with mine had I known then what I know now. It would have been worked on while I didn't need it.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #6

Thanks for the words and info...

I have been thinking alot about IMS, I just have a hard time justifying a $3K preventive maintenance fix when everything works perfectly. I know it can happen at any time, and I do intend to do the mod when new clutch time rolls around, but right now not sold on the IMS fix.

Anyone ever seen a Rieger kit. They are made of ABS and I was wondering about their quality, fit, durability etc???

Curly

Curly is offline   Reply With Quote