Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #1

interior trim questions

hiya. i have three questions about my interior:

1) my 2000 S has six buttons on the surround around the stereo, only two of which i use (the rest are blanked). i am thinking of relocating these to the two unused seat heater button locations on my centre console. do you know if the stereo surround pieces are available without switch openings?

2) my interior feels a bit 'plasticy'. what parts of a similar year 996 interior are transferrable (ie, door skins) and are they any different from the 986?

3) the current colour scheme in my car is black and grey, but i would like it to be all black. this would mean replacing most of the plastic components (gauge surround, three piece stereo surround, three pieces on each door, two centre console pieces and ash tray); anyone know of a vendor where i could source these parts (or a reputable dismantler where i could get good used bits for less $$$)?

thanks.

The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King
hiya. i have three questions about my interior:
3) the current colour scheme in my car is black and grey, but i would like it to be all black. thanks.
If you cannot find used interior pieces, you could call Bumperplugs and ask them to paint them professionally for you.

I have seen center consoles done by BP and they look top quality, however I don't know how much do they charge.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/

Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote