Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 04:27 PM   #1

Talking Great Price on Clear Bra!

I've been following this forum for some time and decided to finally post. I found a company in NC that has a pre-cut 3M kit for Boxsters, as well as other Porsches. There's a special going on right now that gives 20% off. I ordered the deluxe kit and should get it tomorrow.

The dealer quoted $900.00 another dealer where I bought a new Murano for my wife gave me his contact, and he quoted $500.00 This 10pc kit shipped via UPS is $269.20 If you've ever put on window tint this stuff aint that much harder. Even comes with an instruction video.

Here's the link www.invinca-shield.com

BIGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #2

I had clear bra installed on my car last week by Mitch Farner of Neverland Motorsports http://www.neverlandmotorsports.com
He did my hood, fenders, mirrors, side intakes, and side door handles. I did not do the front bumper because it had too many rock chips. I got a great deal on it. no need to wait for any "specials" just tell him Tran sent you and I'll make sure he hooks you up good on price. So check out Neverland Motorsports if you need a full or customized clear bra. They work in the Midwest and east coast area. Mitch has also worked on all kinds of exotics(Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis) so you know he is used to taking care of these cars, not some guy that only works on "normal" cars and has no experience on Porsches.
I will post pics of car car within a week (I still need to wax it) and show everyone how good the clear bra looks.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:56 PM   #3

BIGG,

I checked out the site...is there a discount code when ordering it...??
dennizxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #4

btw: I took detailed pics kinda like ToolPants does. I will get around to arranging them. I will alos post some of the important ones here.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:47 AM   #5

dennizxxx,

Yes, the code is on the Home Page.....code = ISBT4

This is a DIY kit so I'm not sure how it stacks up to the deal TQTRAN got on a full install. Maybe he can post back with some figures. I figured since I'm a full fledged gearhead I'd just say a couple of hun and spend some time with my toy.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:33 AM   #6

anyone know which is for the GT3 nose? I just picked one up(OEM) to go with my GT3 skirts and Carrear 5 spoke wheels.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:52 AM   #7

Perfectlap,

Since they cut these to order I'm sure that they should be able to swap out the nose pc for a GT3 one. I spoke with Teresa there and she was more than helpful with all my questions.

888-339-1385
Old 04-22-2005, 09:02 AM   #8

I'll look into it thanks. Autocross and Track can be deadly on the front, especially on dark colored cars.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #9

Hello gang! I just wanted to say hello and help provide some information for you all on the difference between 3M Clear Bra pre-cut kits and custom cut kits.

Pre-Cut - As the name implies, these are already cut to the shape of the surfaces that they are being applied to. The one main difference is that since these cuts are pre-cut, they are more difficult to fit close to the edges of the surfaces as there is only a finite amount of material there to stretch. Also, depending on the vehicle, sometimes the pre-cut kits can be more difficult to install than a custom cut kit.

Custom Cut - This is where a piece of raw material (of a certain width) is taken and applied to the surface of the car, stretched to fit, and then very carefully cut while it is on the car for the best fitment. This takes experience to do correctly, as you are taking a very sharp olfa knife and cutting the material (8 mil thick) while it is on the car. The huge advantage is that since there is more material to work with, the stretching is easier, and you can cut closer to edges for a better overall fitment. Also, the material can be taken farther up on a surface (i.e. - hood, fender, etc.) and protect more area than a pre-cut kit does.

I did the custom kit for tqtran and his beautiful 986. The results are much cleaner, and a larger area is covered. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Have a great day!!

3M Clear Bra professional installer

www.neverlandmotorsports.com
NeverlandMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:37 PM   #10

Thanks, T.Q.!! I am glad you liked the install. It looks great on your VERY clean 986.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqtran
I had clear bra installed on my car last week by Mitch Farner of Neverland Motorsports http://www.neverlandmotorsports.com
He did my hood, fenders, mirrors, side intakes, and side door handles. I did not do the front bumper because it had too many rock chips. I got a great deal on it. no need to wait for any "specials" just tell him Tran sent you and I'll make sure he hooks you up good on price. So check out Neverland Motorsports if you need a full or customized clear bra. They work in the Midwest and east coast area. Mitch has also worked on all kinds of exotics(Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis) so you know he is used to taking care of these cars, not some guy that only works on "normal" cars and has no experience on Porsches.
I will post pics of car car within a week (I still need to wax it) and show everyone how good the clear bra looks.

NeverlandMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote