Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #1

Nice Weekend for Maintenance

Decided it as time to do some maintenance on the Boxster...70K on her.
1) Oil Change
2) Fuel Filter Change
3) Tiptronic Service

Oil change was very easy and it should be. Fuel filter was not that bad, they could have hidden it better. Tiptronic full service with sump dropped, changed the filter and cleaned the pan and magnets. This should be a must service at 60K...the fluid was very dark and dirty. It took 6 liters for the refill...I used Pentosin ATF-1 and the fluid is not red, it's clear in color. Even the fluid that came out had no red color at all.

Now the leak on my differential final drive. Not sure I really want to do this one. Just getting to old at 65. The old bones say no but the heart says' Do it baby. First I will check around and see what the shop cost is.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #2

"Just getting to old at 65." - you're still just a kid. Ronald Reagan did not take the Presidency until he was 69.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #3

Also worked on my car. Installed the clear headlights and taillights, but then realized how hazy the headlight lenses were. So I tried the 3M headlight restoration kit.... worked fine, looks like I have almost new headlights. But it took quite a bit of elbow grease.

Tomorrow I will clean and condition the leather.

Leo