Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #1

The perfect encounter... "new" sports car meets: the ex girlfriend

Had to share this with you guys, even though I was driving the F-Car at the time. The Boxster played a role too.

Background: I was with this girl for 4.5 years. Lived together for 1.5 years. She always made me feel as if I wasn't quite good enough for her. I eventually left her.

Yesterday I was heading out of town, top down, in my red F355 Spider, when I see a very attractive girl on a bicycle ahead of me. As I pass, I realize it's my ex, whom I haven't seen in 2.5 years. I coast to a stop and wait for her to catch up, and then as she pulled up along side the car, I said hello.

The entire conversation consisted of:
Me: "Hi Jxxxxx"
Her: "Hi Paul. So, you drive a Ferrari now?"
Me: "Yes I do"
Her: "What about the Boxster?" (when we were together I drove a faded 1989 RX-7 )
Me (pointing back towards my place): "Still have it. It's at home in the garage"
Her: "Good for you. Nice to see you." (uncomfortable and ready for the conversation to end)
Me (with a smile and a wave): Happy 4th of July! (and I motored away calmly)

I love that the last memory she will have of me, for a good long time, is me motoring away in the F355. We didn't end on bad terms, but I'm still a little bitter that she got to keep our amazing apartment.

Anyone else have good bump-into stories?

roadracer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #2

They'll never admit it... she's probably still waiting for the nice guy or white knight or whatever you call him...
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #3

If I'm out and run into an old flame while with the wifey, game over. She still looks that good, now me, that's another story.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #4

When the "EX" found out I got the Boxster, she wanted to go for a ride. So far, I've avoided running into her. But, come to think of it, maybe if I did run into her, I could get the front bumper repainted to get rid of the rock chips.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker
When the "EX" found out I got the Boxster, she wanted to go for a ride. So far, I've avoided running into her. But, come to think of it, maybe if I did run into her, I could get the front bumper repainted to get rid of the rock chips.
LOL hahah

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #6

I def got the "why didn't you have a nice car when I was with you?" from my ex.
Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #7

Garage
I was dating this girl last year. She was the owner of the boxster @ the time. I house sat 4 her and the deal was I got to drive it if I washed it. The car got washed everyday that week. She came back from her holiday and I got the 'Its not you..its me speech' No worries. Kept it amicable. I did tell her before I left 'that if u ever think of selling ...call me' That was july '09. April '10 calls me up tells me she is selling the Boxster. Of course I buy it. Funny part is she needs the money for a lawyer to summom exBF to court. The one she met and started dating when she was on holidays & I was sitting her house!! Karma baby Karma.