986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The perfect encounter... "new" sports car meets: the ex girlfriend (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25346)

roadracer311 07-05-2010 01:46 PM

The perfect encounter... "new" sports car meets: the ex girlfriend

Had to share this with you guys, even though I was driving the F-Car at the time. The Boxster played a role too.

Background: I was with this girl for 4.5 years. Lived together for 1.5 years. She always made me feel as if I wasn't quite good enough for her. I eventually left her.

Yesterday I was heading out of town, top down, in my red F355 Spider, when I see a very attractive girl on a bicycle ahead of me. As I pass, I realize it's my ex, whom I haven't seen in 2.5 years. I coast to a stop and wait for her to catch up, and then as she pulled up along side the car, I said hello.

The entire conversation consisted of:
Me: "Hi Jxxxxx"
Her: "Hi Paul. So, you drive a Ferrari now?"
Me: "Yes I do"
Her: "What about the Boxster?" (when we were together I drove a faded 1989 RX-7 )
Me (pointing back towards my place): "Still have it. It's at home in the garage"
Her: "Good for you. Nice to see you." (uncomfortable and ready for the conversation to end)
Me (with a smile and a wave): Happy 4th of July! (and I motored away calmly)

I love that the last memory she will have of me, for a good long time, is me motoring away in the F355. We didn't end on bad terms, but I'm still a little bitter that she got to keep our amazing apartment.

Anyone else have good bump-into stories?

ekam 07-05-2010 02:02 PM

They'll never admit it... she's probably still waiting for the nice guy or white knight or whatever you call him...

coreseller 07-05-2010 02:15 PM

If I'm out and run into an old flame while with the wifey, game over. She still looks that good, now me, that's another story. :rolleyes:

Spinnaker 07-05-2010 03:00 PM

When the "EX" found out I got the Boxster, she wanted to go for a ride. So far, I've avoided running into her. But, come to think of it, maybe if I did run into her, I could get the front bumper repainted to get rid of the rock chips. :D

chaudanova 07-05-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinnaker
When the "EX" found out I got the Boxster, she wanted to go for a ride. So far, I've avoided running into her. But, come to think of it, maybe if I did run into her, I could get the front bumper repainted to get rid of the rock chips. :D

LOL :p hahah

Jake D 07-05-2010 08:08 PM

I def got the "why didn't you have a nice car when I was with you?" from my ex.

chris97boxster 07-06-2010 12:00 PM

I was dating this girl last year. She was the owner of the boxster @ the time. I house sat 4 her and the deal was I got to drive it if I washed it. The car got washed everyday that week. She came back from her holiday and I got the 'Its not you..its me speech' No worries. Kept it amicable. I did tell her before I left 'that if u ever think of selling ...call me' That was july '09. April '10 calls me up tells me she is selling the Boxster. Of course I buy it. Funny part is she needs the money for a lawyer to summom exBF to court. The one she met and started dating when she was on holidays & I was sitting her house!! Karma baby Karma.