Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #21

Be my guest

Tell you what. If you'd like to have a look around the Boxster and Cayman Register, you can be my guest. You are welcome to log in to either of them using the following credentials:

User Name: TestUser1
Password: GatorBite

I'll leave credentials in there for a week or two. With this login you'll be able to see everything a member sees, but you won't be able to post. I'm curious what you guys will think.

The Boxster Register is here: http://BoxsterRegister.org

The Cayman Register is here: http://CaymanRegister.org

Make sure you check out the articles section. We've got some really great stuff in there.

If you want to see the best darn history of the Cayman anywhere, check this out: http://caymanregister.org/faq.php?faq=models I'm very proud of this.

-----------------------------------------

Dear Moderators,

If sharing these links is not acceptable here, please delete my post and accept my sincere apology. I didn't see anything in your rules forbidding this. We are fine with it at our place, but I understand that not all forum owners feel the same way we do. Try this at 6Speed and you'll make enemies real fast.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T
The value of the prize is irrelevant. The issue is that Canadian members are not treated equally to American members, and yet it is supposed to be one big organization. Like I said, it is a matter of principle. I will be a second-class member in no-one's club.
I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I think you're being a little sensitive and maybe a bit unreasonable. If you don't like the terms of the game, don't play. Nobody is forcing you to buy a raffle ticket. Sheesh.....

The next raffle is for a factory restored 1973 911T. I know I'll be buying a ticket or two for that one.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #23

...and I certainly don't want to seem unfriendly to our Canadian brethren, but the PCA is the Porsche Club of America, no? Is there a charter within the PCA that extends it's offerings to Canadian Porsche members in leu of the lack of a Porsche Club of Canada?

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #24

Garage
PCA Mart

to access the Mart you still need to have membership, i sort of lumped it intoa generally category of "forums".

thanks for the access key, i will have a quick tour around

c.l.

03-r1100s, 11-f800st, 09-987.2, Norton Commando
auf adlers fluegeln getragen
litteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #25

Some Options for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by litteng
to access the Mart you still need to have membership, i sort of lumped it intoa generally category of "forums".

thanks for the access key, i will have a quick tour around

c.l.
There are some options for you.

Option 1: Affliate Membership

Every PCA member can assign one Family or Affiliate member to their Primary membership for free. As a family/affiliate member you have access to all benefits except:
  • You won't receive Panorama
  • You won't receive the local regional newsletter (which also has classifieds)
  • You can't vote for officers

So, if you could find a PCA member who does not already have an affiliate, they could add you as their affiliate. This get's you half way to where you are trying to go. You want access to the classifieds, you've mentioned it in several posts. Well, those classifieds are in the back of the Panorama. You won't get that as an affiliate. But you will get access to the PCA website, where you can also browse the classifieds.

Option 2: Quest Membership

Quest membership is for folks like you, who are shopping for a Porsche and want access to the Mart. As a quest member, you will receive Panorama, and get access to the Mart online. The cost is $40 for 6 months.

Option 3: Full Membership

Hypothetically, if someone were to visit a Porsche dealer and saw a Porsche that they planned to buy, they could jot down its VIN and enter this car as their own during PCA registration. Just to get a jump on things. There is no safety in place to verify ownership or identify duplicate use of a VIN. I was between Porsches for 7 years, and I didn't end my PCA membership.

Full membership costs $46 a year. This gets you everything.