Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #1

new owner w/ a question

Hey guys,

I finally made the plunge and got a 2000 boxster. So far I'm enjoying it a lot, I had it for about a week and put more then 300 miles on it. However, I'm already feeling the expensive maintenance cost of the car. I recently bought perilli p-zero m+s and I need to get a small oil leak fixed, oil change, and ebrake adjusted. I also plan on getting the Viper 971vx alarm on it w/ proximity sensor, since I dont have a garage. Does anyone with a alarm know if you can still put a car cover on it w/o it triggering? Thanks a lot.

pl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:10 AM   #2

Talking

The factory alam (which appears to be quite good actually) is NOT bothered by a car cover.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 11:40 AM   #3

I agree with Bruce Lee, the factory alarm works very well. And you're not putting things into perspective regarding cost of ownership. A gorgeous exotic girl will cost you more than a plain ugly one....the trade off is worth the price of admission.

:dance:

Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote