Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #21

Garage
well... unfortunately the 45 car didnt do too well in practice but it had started wrong. hopefully they can figure out whatever the problem is. HOWEVER, risi and flying lizard are tied for first in the as it stands so it should be a good race!

Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #22

Garage
Wow, just wow...that was one of the best races I have ever had the pleasure to watch. Truly epic racing, I cannot wait to see the 90 minute story next Sunday on CBS it is being produced by the folks that did Truth in 24, I bet it will be as good as the race.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #23

Garage
I agree it was one of the best races I have been too go to never mind watch plus being able to do the parade lap... VERY AWESOME... wow idk if ill be able to sleep after all the excitement.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #24

Shoot, I went to the Porsche Platz but not a single soul was there! I did get to check out the cars though.

Found out our Bell Micro racing team (Rahal / Letterman) was the BMW crew. LOL

Hopefully next time I can take the Boxster instead of the Cayenne so I can do the parade lap. It was cool to see they used Cayenne's as track vehicles, could not believe there were only two in our corral and neither was a turbo!

David - San Jose, CA
Current: 2010 Touareg V6 TDI, stock for now...
Current: 2000 Boxster S, stock for now...
Former: 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo... too many issues!
Former: 1999 996 C2, sorely missed

Last edited by Reborn996; 05-22-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
Reborn996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #25

More like we'll be watching the Corvettes and the RSRs getting dusted by the BMWs and freakin' Risi Ferrari. I hate that team.

Pat Long and the RSR came through! It was Joey Hand's race to lose...and he did. Terrific restart by Long; wish I were there in person. The internet feed was great; I love watching races without all the commercials. Next weeks CBS broadcast will be one hour of race highlights and 30 minutes of "Go Daddy" ads.

As for the Nascar coverage on Speed...well, I can't type my real comments here, but they can keep the whole bag of garbage. Really makes me long for the old Speedvision.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:52 AM   #26

Garage
As a big fan of Truth in 24, I noticed that about half way through the webcast of the race the framing of the shots changed from a TV sports style to a more artistic style. The quality of the video improved and the whole visual coverage was more interesting.

The guys that did Truth in 24 are the NFL films guys and they know how to tell a story. I personally think the program will be exceptional, cant speak for the ads but the program should be far better than a highlight reel.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn996
Shoot, I went to the Porsche Platz but not a single soul was there! I did get to check out the cars though.
Same here...i went there and very cool to see all the Porsche cars in one lot but looks like they are having a meeting, so wifey and I just continue to wander around in between races and just hanged out at Turn 4 and Grandstand area.

It was an awesome day to celebrate our anniversary! Knowing that my wife is not really into cars, I was really surprise that she was having a blast looking at the race cars and can't hardly contain herself when she saw all the Porsche Race Cars by Flying Lizard annnnnnnnd, Jorge LOL! But it's all good...she had so much fun watching the race eventhough we are not really a followers of any racing series

The best part for me was, when I got most of the drivers signed one page of the programs
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #28

Garage
it was always pretty empty the whole race. I think its because you cant really see any of the race from the tent. unlike the audi tent that was packed because they could watch their tent TVS and the track from their seats.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #29

Here Iam sporting a Flying Lizard cap next to 2 Risi Team

wifey with the FL team and Jorge'

wifey with Pierre from Talladega Night j/k

Last edited by unklekraker; 05-23-2010 at 09:11 AM.
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #30

Looks like somebody had an enjoyable time!

PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote