Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #1

CarFax request

Could anyone run a CARFAX on a car for me?
YV1LS5555V2365014

Thanks,
mike

derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
educator

Why don't you pay for it? Do you work for free? If it's not worth paying for why do you want one?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #3

Mike, I'd run it for you but my subscription has since expired after my latest car search.

FYI. If you purchase Car Fax's 30 day package, and you are not happy with the results / service, the fee is refundable, prior to the 3rd car report.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by educator
Why don't you pay for it? Do you work for free? If it's not worth paying for why do you want one?
Relax, dude. You have not been her very long, but people help each other out around here when we can.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #5

educator,
No, I don't work for free but I've been out of work since the middle of last July and was just looking for someone to offer some help. Anyone who is nice enough to run the VIN for me would be using their subscription that CarFax was paid for- so what's the big deal.
Have a nice day.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 AM   #6
educator

"educator,
No, I don't work for free but I've been out of work since the middle of last July and was just looking for someone to offer some help. Anyone who is nice enough to run the VIN for me would be using their subscription that CarFax was paid for- so what's the big deal.
Have a nice day.

I'm sorry you are out of work - but that does not negate the fact that is stealing. Sorry. Do you all help each other steal money from a bank? Theft is theft.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #7

Carfax isn't worth a ******************** in a handbag anyway, save your money. All one needs to do is pay cash for a repair and not collect from the insurance company and carfax is instantly negated.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #8

Quote:
"educator,
Have a nice day.

I'm sorry you are out of work - but that does not negate the fact that is stealing. Sorry. Do you all help each other steal money from a bank? Theft is theft.

No offense but if you want to play sheriff, aim higher. A whole lot of people at Goldman Sachs just made all our sigmoid colons more roomy, I don't see you protesting about that mulit billion dollar ripoff. Someone asking another with a currently paid account for a search is not the same as hacking into carfax and subverting the system.

Last edited by eightsandaces; 05-11-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:53 AM   #9
educator

"No offense but if you want to play sheriff, aim higher. A whole lot of people at Goldman Sachs just made all our sigmoid colons more roomy, I don't see you protesting about that mulit billion dollar ripoff. Someone asking another with a currently paid account for a search is not the same as hacking into carfax and subverting the system."

No offense but this is why we have people like this at Goldman Sachs. They were never taught right from wrong.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #10

Quote:
"No offense but if you want to play sheriff, aim higher. A whole lot of people at Goldman Sachs just made all our sigmoid colons more roomy, I don't see you protesting about that mulit billion dollar ripoff. Someone asking another with a currently paid account for a search is not the same as hacking into carfax and subverting the system."

No offense but this is why we have people like this at Goldman Sachs. They were never taught right from wrong.

Sure they were, they just choose to ignore it..

PS A long stretch in a state prison, (not the fed country club) would go further toward behavior modification than "right from wrong"..

Let them receive the ass hump for a change, god knows they have delivered many.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 AM   #11

Garage
Last year an older lady backed into my newer F150 truck. She bashed the right rear quarter in pretty good. The police were called but in the interim we agreed to not report it to the ins. co. I knew the lady and knew she was good for paying for it. The police still filed an accident report with "over $1000 damage" on it. A year later to this day it does NOT show up on carfax that the accident ever happened. Soooo.....?? I don't know. My carfax sub. expired also awhile back. Otherwise I'd fwd it to you derb.
SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #12

The car I was interested in was sold so I don't need to 'steal' anything anymore.