Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #1

Airbag Warning Durametric

I replaced my water pump and did not disconnect the battery. Now I have a Airbag Alarm. I don't want to purchase the durametric software/cable. I don't want to go to the dealer. Is there anyone in the S.F. area that can clear the alarm for a minimal charge?

Or what are my options, $ 300.00 plus for cables and diagnotic software seems high.

Age 27 - Germany, 2 Ea. 924's

Age 28-37 - Bought 1966 912, pulled out of Dirt, re-build, dialy driver for 8 years.

Age 47 - 03 Boxster S Guards Red - Love it!

Future - Speedster Replica
JamesBorisPerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBorisPerez
I replaced my water pump and did not disconnect the battery. Now I have a Airbag Alarm. I don't want to purchase the durametric software/cable. I don't want to go to the dealer. Is there anyone in the S.F. area that can clear the alarm for a minimal charge?

Or what are my options, $ 300.00 plus for cables and diagnotic software seems high.
don't think changing water pump will cause an airbag light... usually will come on if you don't disconnect the battery when removing steering wheel or seats..
mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #3

oh yeah... try posting on babblers... they are for bay area folks too...
mikes_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:09 AM   #4

When I worked on my alternator, I pulled my passenger-side seat (including disconnecting the wiring harness). I can't remember absolutely, but I'm pretty sure I disconnected the battery first. I still got an airbag CEL. (Which created a really irritating situation for me: I spent as much at the stealership to get the CEL cleared as I did having the alternator rebuilt. IT DOUBLED THE COST OF MY PROJECT! )
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #5

Airbag Warning Diagnostic Software Cable

I went through the passenger compartment to change the water pump, thus I removed the front passenger seat with the battery connected, next time I will know better. Anyone know of a inexpensive diagnotic package that works with a Labtop?, if not I just might purchase the durametrics units. Thank You

I'll try blabbers, never heard of that before?

Age 28-37 - Bought 1966 912, pulled out of Dirt, re-build, dialy driver for 8 years.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #6

I know auto stores carry the ps2 cords. You could check if one of them has the airbag clear ability.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #7

Airbag Warning

Thanks, someone from the group is offering to help me out, that would be great. If I come across some spare cash, I'm goint to buy the durametrics!