Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #1

Unhappy 06 Boxster Key and Radio Issue

Just bought an 987 06 Boxster. Last nite my interior lights in the doors wouldn't turn off. I made sure that both trunks, the visors, the doors, and glove box were all shut as well as made sure the switch in the headliner was turned off. Waited five minutes and the light remained on. Noticed that my on board computer said "Key 1". Went inside to read manual but couldn't find anything written about this issue. When I came back to the car 10 minutes later the light was off.

Anyone know what is going on?

Perhaps unrelated but since I saw the Key 1 message I thought perhaps I had an issue with my key, so I pulled out Key #2 to use in my drive to work and now my radio says "STOP" and the radio doesn't work now.

I'm confused. Can anyone help me?

jska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
educator

Your key has lost synchronization with your car and can be reset by doing the following:

1. Manually unlock your car using the key (1)
2. Open the car door (note if your alarm goes off, put your key in the ignition to stop the alarm.
3. Press the unlock button on your remote and the remote will resynchronize with your car.

This is stated in the owners manual but you have to look for it.