Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #1

CEL P0410 & P01411 Question

Folks, here is the background. I bought a 2002 S that needed the engine to be rebuilt as the PO had overfilled the crank with 4 liters of EXTRA oil. Motor was sent out and rebuilt/torn down and sent back rebuilt. It was re installed and while we were there we desnorkeled and removed the resonator box on the intake. The AOS was damaged in transit and was replaced with a new one before being installed. I also replaced 4 O2's and had a "newer" exhaust from head to tail pipe replaced, spark plugs were done etc. When I went for the smog (Clean Air) test the operator stated that the tail pipe numbers were that of a brand new motor. Cleanest he has seen!!!

Once it was on the road I was taking it easy as it needed to be broken in properly. After the first 3 weeks I started it up on a cold rainny night (+4 C) and within 20 seconds the CEL came on. I drove it to my friends P-Car Indy shop and connected the Durametric 5.1.4.0 tool and noticed the P0410 code. I looked at it and it was dealing with the secondary air circuit bank 4 to 6 as being lean or no signal. I reset it and started it up again. Code cleared up and drove it for a few more weeks with no issue. Came on again in cold setting (-5 C) and was reset again

I put it into storage and and pulled it out in March with the battery disconnected. I drove it for 2 weeks and the CEL came on again, cool evening around +4 C and I reset it again. This lasted a week and CEL came back on.

This time it threw two codes P0410 and P1411 indicating that both banks have issues. I reset it again and drove it for most of the day. That night CEL came back on and started to do some research. Went back to friends shop (evenings with no wrench around) and hooked up the laptop with Durametric tool and did some testing.

I was able to turn on and hear the air pump with no issues. I searched all other nominals and only found issues with the alarm such as Code 49, 60, 34, 11,10,54, 41 and 47. This is not an issue so I left these. I reset it again and so far (4 days) the CEL has not come back on.

It seems the code was thrown for the 4 - 6 bank for the first 3 times and now both within the last 2 weeks. Any insight would help before we start tearing into it ... friend works on mine when full paying customers are looked after first.

Thanks,

Jaak

2010 Ford F150 FX4 Luxury

Retired after 38 years with the same company.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #2

check the vacuum lines for the whole AIR system
extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #3

Here is a similar thread. Not sure if there's a resolution at the end, but there are some good tips at the beginning. Sounds like most people had a bad hose or bad change over valve.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?/topic/628-obd-ii-codes-p0410-and-p1411/
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #4

Thanks for the link!

2010 Ford F150 FX4 Luxury

Retired after 38 years with the same company.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote