Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #1

Need help with Chrome Lug nuts

Hello, I drive a 2001 Boxster, I replaced the stock wheels with a set of used OEM Chrome wheels. Currently I'm using the old lug nuts looking to purchase a set of chrome nuts.

Very confusing, many sizes to choose from. Can anyone tell me what I need.

I would like the head of the nut to fit flush with the wheel and the thread of the lug be the proper length so this big wheel is secure.

thanks

Oh any recommendation where to purchase them?

lombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lombo
Hello, I drive a 2001 Boxster, I replaced the stock wheels with a set of used OEM Chrome wheels. Currently I'm using the old lug nuts looking to purchase a set of chrome nuts.

Very confusing, many sizes to choose from. Can anyone tell me what I need.

I would like the head of the nut to fit flush with the wheel and the thread of the lug be the proper length so this big wheel is secure.

thanks

Oh any recommendation where to purchase them?

I bought mine at LA Wheel, they did the chroming as well, they are a perfect fit and replacement. If Jennifer still works there she will hook you up.
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightsandaces
I bought mine at LA Wheel, they did the chroming as well, they are a perfect fit and replacement. If Jennifer still works there she will hook you up.

Ditto that....

Old 04-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #4

Don't waste your time with chrome plated lugs. Eventually they'll corrode and look crappy just like the stock lugs. I got a set of stainless lugs from these guys and they're great. They can be polished to be virtually indistinguishable from chrome.

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/sslugs.html
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #5

And if you don't want to blow $250 and set of lugs...just have your old ones powder coated. Less than $50 bucks.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #6

I just painted my originals with a rattle can but, my wheels are semi flat black. $250 for lug nuts...no thanks. But that's just me, to each their own.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 AM   #7

These are only $150 and they look the same except they're not polished.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-09-PORSCHE-BOXSTER-S-986-STAINLESS-STEEL-LUG-NUTS-20_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53df06221aQQitemZ360 224006682QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAcces sories

ekam is offline   Reply With Quote