Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #1

Non Smoker's Kit, Which Color?

Hello I want to buy a non smoker shelf and rubber mat to replace the ashtray for the center console of my boxster, which is a 1997 year, 13 years and still looking great , the thing about this non smokerīs kit that confuses me is that it comes in 2 colors, black and granite gray, according to the seller all boxsters before 2000 come in granite gray plastic and after 2000 all are black, is this true?, as far as I see my plastic interior is black, well black enough for me, but I am worried if I order this kit in black maybe it will not match my interior and will be too dark?, does anyone here in this forum has a 1997-1999 boxster with this non smoker kit who can give me some advice on this matter, I will be very thankful for it !!

Last edited by aparmex; 03-17-2010 at 03:46 PM.
aparmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
No offense, but no one is going to a read a post in all caps. You are more likely to get an answer once you change that.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #3

Good question...my non-smokers tray is black, but my car is an '02. Don't recall seeing anything other than black?
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #4

Hey Rick3000, I am sorry to hurt your feelings !!! now I have changed the post following your advice and hope to get some answers !!! , by the way I do not have any 2000+ boxster to compare so maybe I will attach a post to compare with any other who can post a pic of their interior...
Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparmex
Hello I want to buy a non smoker shelf and rubber mat to replace the ashtray for the center console of my boxster, which is a 1997 year, 13 years and still looking great , the thing about this non smokerīs kit that confuses me is that it comes in 2 colors, black and granite gray, according to the seller all boxsters before 2000 come in granite gray plastic and after 2000 all are black, is this true?, as far as I see my plastic interior is black, well black enough for me, but I am worried if I order this kit in black maybe it will not match my interior and will be too dark?, does anyone here in this forum has a 1997-1999 boxster with this non smoker kit who can give me some advice on this matter, I will be very thankful for it !!

I purchased one for my 99, and it is NOT a direct match. It's close enough for my eyes, and it looks much better than the ashtray that was broken; however, be prepared to see a small color difference.
Previous Toys:
2005 RX-8, RIP
1989 GTA, 5 Speed, Procharger Supercharger and 2 Core Intercooler, 1 3/4" headers, 3" Flomaster Exhaust, cat-delete, digital ignition, bigger fuel injectors
Oaktown 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaktown 986
I purchased one for my 99, and it is NOT a direct match. It's close enough for my eyes, and it looks much better than the ashtray that was broken; however, be prepared to see a small color difference.

Hi, I am glad to get your reply, but I have a question for you, the non smoker's shelf that you bought you order it black or granite gray?