986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Non Smoker's Kit, Which Color? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24054)

aparmex 03-16-2010 04:32 PM

Non Smoker's Kit, Which Color?

Hello I want to buy a non smoker shelf and rubber mat to replace the ashtray for the center console of my boxster, which is a 1997 year, 13 years and still looking great :D, the thing about this non smokerīs kit that confuses me is that it comes in 2 colors, black and granite gray, according to the seller all boxsters before 2000 come in granite gray plastic and after 2000 all are black, is this true?, as far as I see my plastic interior is black, well black enough for me, but I am worried if I order this kit in black maybe it will not match my interior and will be too dark?, does anyone here in this forum has a 1997-1999 boxster with this non smoker kit who can give me some advice on this matter, I will be very thankful for it :cheers: !!

rick3000 03-16-2010 06:07 PM

No offense, but no one is going to a read a post in all caps. You are more likely to get an answer once you change that. :cheers:

jmatta 03-16-2010 06:11 PM

Good question...my non-smokers tray is black, but my car is an '02. Don't recall seeing anything other than black?

aparmex 03-17-2010 03:48 PM

Hey Rick3000, I am sorry to hurt your feelings :o !!! now I have changed the post following your advice and hope to get some answers !!! ;), by the way I do not have any 2000+ boxster to compare so maybe I will attach a post to compare with any other who can post a pic of their interior...

Oaktown 986 03-18-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aparmex
Hello I want to buy a non smoker shelf and rubber mat to replace the ashtray for the center console of my boxster, which is a 1997 year, 13 years and still looking great :D, the thing about this non smokerīs kit that confuses me is that it comes in 2 colors, black and granite gray, according to the seller all boxsters before 2000 come in granite gray plastic and after 2000 all are black, is this true?, as far as I see my plastic interior is black, well black enough for me, but I am worried if I order this kit in black maybe it will not match my interior and will be too dark?, does anyone here in this forum has a 1997-1999 boxster with this non smoker kit who can give me some advice on this matter, I will be very thankful for it :cheers: !!

I purchased one for my 99, and it is NOT a direct match. It's close enough for my eyes, and it looks much better than the ashtray that was broken; however, be prepared to see a small color difference.

aparmex 03-18-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oaktown 986
I purchased one for my 99, and it is NOT a direct match. It's close enough for my eyes, and it looks much better than the ashtray that was broken; however, be prepared to see a small color difference.

Hi, I am glad to get your reply, but I have a question for you, the non smoker's shelf that you bought you order it black or granite gray?